Phonak repair delays and delays

Thank you for the reply Barb, and the joke :rofl:… It’s feasible, you could have recruitment, if you have a strong aversion to loud noise? I have this, but it has gradually abated over the years, my loss was SSNHL (it was bilateral) a viral flu (Russian Flu to be precise) My Doctor made a fundamental mistake, and gave me a decongestant, he should have given me a steroid injection, he did apologise, it’s the one, and only time I have had an apology from the medical profession, for that reason alone, I never sued his ass, he thought or assumed it was a normal flu, we all make mistakes, and he was man enough to admit it, so I forgave him… For the first few years (over 30 years now) I couldn’t go anywhere with loud noise, busy pubs or clubs where a no go area, if I was in a pub and it got very busy, I had to leave… Loud noise was now painful, over the intervening years, I have acclimatised, but if it’s exceptionally loud for long periods, I become overwhelmed, and just leave, of course the early years where all analog aids, and far more linear, digital aids, especially Phonak, tend to cut out most of the offending background noise, ‘‘tis probably why I like Phonak? Cheers Kev :wink:

I have a fairly strong recollection of answering a question at some length about whether/how hearing aids might cause damage not SO long ago, but I cannot find it. The search function on this forum does leave something to be desired, but I’m reasonably good with google and I still can’t get it to come up. :confused:

In short, however, it’s common to push gain up enough to get that warning when you’re dealing with severe/profound losses. As long as the hearing aids are fit appropriately to prescriptive targets and are not way above child targets (which are louder than adult targets anyway) I wouldn’t be concerned about causing more loss.

3 Likes

Thank you @Neville… As always, your input is much appreciated :smile: Cheers Kev

Hats!
Two worries…

1. darn mask straps snagging my hearing aids when I take the mask off. Thanks to the lighter restrictions in Canada now. I have 2 hospital visits this week. I’ll wear mask in the hospital…and be careful

2. rain. I feel so vulnerable with my hearing aids on in the rain.

Just got a new Tilley hat. I really like it. Tilley in Canada was sold. I don’t think the new ones are worth wearing; bought one of the old ones I found for sale. It’ll work well in the canoe…

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

Update. I complained to customer service at the hospital where the audiologist works about the $500 reprogramming fee. I then contacted the audiologist in writing and said I just want to verify, is it $500 for reprogramming. He got back with me and said he made a mistake in telling me it was $500 and that he was quoting a price for programming of a new purchase. He said it would be $50 per 15 minutes of service.

1 Like

I don’t understand how it helps two sets of hearing aids without any advanced technology. My first hearing aids were Audeo Marvel M50. With them I could hear birds singing better and I could hear timer on electric range when food was ready but other than that they were useless.

Now I have purchased a pair of Lumity 90 with option to return until mid August if not satisfied. Wiped out my savings account but when someone leaves me a voicemail I can actually tell what they are saying. These arent perfect but they are far and away light years better than old ones.

I don’t like living without any financial reserves for emergency but I also didn’t like being out of touch with family and the world. So I would take one pair of these to two pair of inefficient ones.

I confess i haven’t read the entire thread so maybe I missed something.

1 Like