Phonak Receiver 5.0

It seems that phonak has released a new version of the receiver 5.0 but I only see it in European dealers and on ebay that some are offering version 5.0 for sale.

Visually, there are changes because the top where the dome goes is slightly curved.

I heard the news on a German forum where one of the forum members noticed that a new receiver had appeared. He says that the new receiver now also supports the cerustop filter.

The receiver is 3-pin, and supports versions of hearing aids such as Audeo Marvel, Paradise and Lumity
Here are two links to European retailers that sell them

The link says text

This 5.0 speaker is identical to the 4.0 speaker, but you can use a Cerustop filter with it. There were many complaints about Phonak’s Cerushield panel, so they developed the 5.0 speaker.

2 Likes

This in the picture is a cerustop filter that is larger and more practical for the elderly.

3 Likes

I think a lot of ppl would be happy to switch back to cerustop from cerushield.

WH

4 Likes

Yup.

This site announced that some time ago.
The little tiny cerushield won’t work with the sports lock that I’ve used for years. It gets in the way. It prevents the cerushield from joining the receiver 4.0. I’m concerned I’ll lose my hearing aids.

The cerushield has less capacity. I have to change them much more often than the old one.

And I often found the little tiny cerushield was crooked in the receiver when I took it off to change the wax guard.

Finally the cerushield would get crushed in and I’d have to dig it out. I’ve used my swiss army knife.

I used to use the receiver without the waxguard because it would be better.

2 Likes