Phonak Programming

Hello,

I have read through many threads and am aware of the legality / advice around self programming hearing aids.

I am looking to get some new HA - phonak audeo yes IX however can anyone tell me can these be programmed with a Hi-Pro ?

Droo.

Yes it can, you’ll also need Ipfg 2.4

cool i have Ipfg 2.4

last part of the puzzle will be getting my hands on the cable to go from the hearing aids to the hipro :frowning:

Droo

droo, the usb hi-pro is currently on sale at e-bay! programming cables are also available at e-bay…

hope this helps.:slight_smile:

I found this information in cr4.globalspec.com from a thread looking for a Schematic for the Hi-Pro box:

Hi i currently work with theses devices in my job employed by one of the largest Hearing Aid manufacturers in Denmark. The HiPro is an interface between a PC and the DSP in the hearing aid and converts signals to and from the aid into an industry adopted set of protocols, it is only used to program, fine tune and adjust digital hearing aids. To use it you will need the Hipro itself, the correct software fitting module for the brand of hearing aid to be adjusted and of course a PC, another industry adopted application called Noah is also used in the process of hearing tests and aid fitting but you don’t specifically require this to program the aid, you will however require the correct cable to connect the HiPro to the aid and these are manufacturer specific. Many BTE aids (behind the ear) use plug in leads with 3 or 4 pins whilst ITE (In the Ear) types often have strip connectors that go into the aid often under the battery door and then plug into the 3 or 4 pin connector. The HiPro is currently available in 3 types, The traditional version with a Serial PC interface, the new USB version which looks the same but is smaller and the bluetooth wireless NoahLink. The older Serial version struggles with the amount of data involved with very modern digital aids and is being replaced by the newer USB model (so various hearing aid retailers may have older Serial models they may be willing to sell off) The Noahlink is best avoided mainly because every time Microsoft change something in the OS regarding the Bluetooth stack (which is quite frequent due to security updates) Himsa the company that support Noahlink have to catch up, Our company has dropped the Noahlink and switched to USB HiPro. Check out the web site WWW.HIMSA.COM they are the people that author and support Noah and you will find information there about Fitting modules, manufacturers, Noahlink and Hipro as well as Noah itself. What is true is that the industry is very secretive about fitting systems and protocols. Fitting modules are usually provided free by aid manufacturers to registered audiology companies who are their clients and buy their products. I doubt you could buy a HiPro new from GN unless you are in the industry and regarding a schematic this would be even harder, in the 6 years i have worked in the business i have been unable to locate one and i have been looking. One other possible route to programming your own aids might be to see if you can find an old hand-held programmer. These were manufacturer / aid specific and generally only support early generation digital products, but depending on the aids you have you again might be able to find a private hearing aid company that have old ones they don’t need any more as they have probably moved on to PC based programming.

Whoo Hoo, I also found this thread self programming where to get hard- and software.