Phonak Partner Mic will not turn OFF

I have Phonak aids from Costco. I purchased the Partner Mic option and I use it when my wife and I go out. Recently it developed a problem: The on/off switch with will NOT turn off the unit. I can’t get the bluetooth connection to stop and the unit sends warnings to my aids when I’m out of range … I

Is that common ?

And how can I repair it ?

I don’t know if it’s common or not but it happened to me. It was not repairable per an audi I went to. My “story” is that it was related to using a usb-c charger that was higher voltage than the original charger, but I have no proof. If they’re out of warranty (did you use a Costco credit card to purchase? it used to include a 2 year extended warranty) I think the solution is to buy another one from EBay (less than $100)

1 Like

I only used the charger that came with the Mic. I bought it with my Visa card - 1 year and 5 months ago - but it’s not a Costco card. The Costco warranty was 1 year. I purchased a used Mic on eBay - but it will not pair with my aids. The serial number starts with 2007 - and it may not work with 2023 Bluetooth. My newer one that pairs but will not shut off has a serial number that starts with 2215 …

I think that I’m out of $300 ….

On Nov 3, 2023, at 11:07 AM, MDB via Hearing Aid Forum - Active Hearing Loss Community <no-reply@forum.hearingtracker.com> wrote:

If the one from EBay doesn’t work you should be able to return it. My one from EBay SN starts with 2042.
I think these devices should be considered as a consumable and not expected to last long. Thanks for the info on charging. Very useful device when they work.

I noticed the same with my Roger V2 stick, but ONLY if I leave it in the cradle, still connected to the TV (and the cradle plugged into a wall socket). I could take an elevator down from the 6th floor of a hotel and walk out to my car and it would DINGLE-DONGLE till I was well and truly out of range. The on/off switch on the V2 stick is OFF when it’s sitting in the cradle BTW.

I don’t seem to have that issue if I use the stick in “table” or “pointer” mode, in which case it isn’t sitting in the cradle. Maybe a completely different issue.

You can pickup a replacement Phonak PartnerMic on eBay for about $80 and they work fine. Might be cheaper than the hassle of trying to get the one you have repaired.

1 Like