Phonak Paradise Phone Call Streaming to One HA only

Not sure if someone could let me know how to solve phone calls streaming to one HA only, is there a way of streaming to both HA?
Naida Pardise + Samsung S7 Edge
Thx

1 Like

KS10 is also Paradise.

Might be down to your Bluetooth on your phone?

2 Likes

@Zebras Many Thanks, :grinning:

1 Like

Yes the call should come through on both aids. Recheck your Bluetooth connection and make sure both aids are paired. Costco may want payment up front but they give you 6 months trial period with full refund. Because they know

2 Likes

How do you increase HA volume for phone call when the smartphone’s volume is already at max?
Thx

1 Like

Have you checked for earwax and replaced the doohickey that wax gums up?

1 Like

The phone’s volume comes from the phone not the hearing aids.

1 Like

When I moved from 1 HA to 2, I had to reset my phone to stream to both aids. It was set to stream to only my left ear. Does your music stream to only 1 ear? If so, that might be your problem.

1 Like

Did you ever get this problem solved?
I recently got Paradise 90s, and today they will only stream into the left aid.

I have tried unpairing, restarting my phone, etc. Still only the left.

Any insights would be welcome!
Thanks.

@birdcountry99

Problems lies with the type of Bluetooth your phone is using. Paradise needs Bluetooth 4.2. Any lower and it seems to only stream to one ear.

Is your phone up to date?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Zebras!
My phone was updated within the past week (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra). The weird thing is that I was streaming last night without a problem. Then this morning, the right aid didn’t seem to be streaming, or at least, the sound was very quiet. When I turned off the left completely, I could hear a very quiet sounds in the right.

@birdcountry99

Ah okay. It seems your issue is different.

Hopefully someone else will come a long with an answer.

Can you hear out of your right when you don’t stream or is it too quiet still?

1 Like

Thanks; yes- it’s working fine in that regard.

Hi, Zebras,

I just discovered that the streaming works fine for other videos. I had been trying to watch a video of sage grouse displays (https://youtu.be/m0M8pZnNlnI).

I just tried a different video and it works fine, so I don’t think it’s the hearing aids after all. Is there something that can occur with some videos and not others, that would cause the “one ear” phenomenon?

1 Like

@birdcountry99 Sorry, I don’t remember very well, but I believe my brother ended up going to HCP for HA tweaking and they did reset the HA.
The sound from your youtube link comes from one side mainly.
Have you tried the myphonak app or the samsung accessibility settings?

1 Like

Certainly audio streams on a youtube video could be one sided if they recorded it that way.

2 Likes

I think that must be what it is!
Thanks for your input.

Thanks! I think that we figured it out; it was the video itself.

2 Likes