Phonak P90 312 RIC protected and cannot be connected

I went to my audiologist yesterday for an updated hearing test. While there she tweaked some minor settings. Overall I am pleased with what she has done so was going to save ther settings back to Target at home. When I tried to connect to my HAs I got the message Hearing aids protected and cannot be connected. I have since updated from Target 9.05 to 9.1. Still get the same message. I’m not too fussed about this at the moment because I can go back to my audiologist and get her to change the setting. She is aware that I have access to Target at home. Has anyone else come across this lock out? Is there a way around it?

Oh that’s no good! Could you please show a screenshot, looks like your audiologist may have pin locked so you couldn’t “play around” with the settings at home, so you’ve been programming these yourself without issue up until this latest visit to the clinic?

I think she has locked me out accidentally. It’s the first time I’ve been to her in her new practice.

Yeah it’s unfortunate she’s done this, you’ll have to ask them to remove from “your” HAs next time your in the office, they probably use basic common pin codes, 1234, admin, etc

Has this been done before?

I haven’t seen it at all before with Phonak, its been done on the older NHS and some Specsavers models.

This looks like the place that the protection is set, I am afraid to experiment any further, and get mine locked and not know how to unlock them.

Thanks.
I’m sure once password protected fitting is enabled, the HAs will need to be saved with this disabled before I can use Target again. I’ll contact my audiologist.

My audiologist had enabled password protect which delivers a prompt when saving a fitting. This time she saved the fitting without checking the password protect box and all is well with Target at home now.

That’s great, but I noticed the check box is still ticked in your screenshot?

Don’t worry, when I actually saved the fitting I unchecked the box. In fact the audiologist’s screen was slightly different. Her screen showed two check boxes, one for each channel. Maybe hers is an older version of Target?

1 Like

Did you happen to ask why she did that ? Is that her normal way to save ?

No, I didn’t ask. I’ll ask next time I see her.
Strange thing is when I couldn’t connect I wasn’t given the option to input a password.

That must mean it get the password from the aud. software … so only a computer using that clinics password can open the aid for programing.

I wonder weather the protected aids could be reset to factory, and if that would remove the password settings ?