Phonak P70 UP - Individual volume button and sound programming setting

I have visited NHS yesterday to wear Phonak and explained my personal choices of sound setting to be like the analog sound, it seems OK but it needs to be configured further because the sound volume seems low and the varied background sounds outdoor such as busy car or machinery are slightly louder than speech. I will speak to them soon.

I have few questions

What is specific sound preference setting that decreases the background sound noise? Not the windblock or noiseblock in personal sound setting, it is something to do with between gain and frequencies if you know or have similar hearing sound level

And I do not want the volume button on two hearing aids to be linked when pressing the volume button down/up on one hearing aid, the other hearing aid is automatic adjusted. I asked a female audiologist to separate them but she cannot do it and acknowledged that Phonak manufacturer don’t have this specific feature. Is this true? Is there a way to unlink the volume button?

Not on your Aids.

The new Lumity, they bought back the option of unlinking the volume control.

I also wear Phonak Naida P70 UP from NHS.

Only option is via the myPhonak App to adjust volume independently.

2 Likes

Maybe MPO?

I’m unsure exactly what you’re asking.

Analog sounding is Linear which your Phonak has that option.

2 Likes

It is linear as I told her to set it up.

I will discover the information of MPO, thanks and I appreciate.

It is quite annoyed that I cannot correct the sound balance. Phonak should have special software to update that allows audiologist to configure the individual volume buttons.

I don’t think that NHS have Lumity, just Nadia P70 UP.

I will see about myPhonak App.

I also like separate volume but since getting these hearing aids, I haven’t actually touched the volume at all.

I think it’s because I had REM preformed so I’m getting appropriate volume and better speech understanding.

@sadeaf

The pro can set them up with whatever balance leads to better hearing. Thats the goal, right. Why would you want to turn them up or down separately?

Why Linear? You will hear better with some compression. At least go with semi-linear.

You can turn them up or down separately in the app.

1 Like

Noiseblock and the directional options can limit background noise.

1 Like