Phonak P30 vs L30

Being a member of Kaiser allows me to get a once every three years a cost free hearing aid (both ears). I have moderate hearing loss normal for a 79 rear old male.

Kaiser offers two choices (among others) for the cost free Phonex models 30. The P30 with choice of batteries or rechargable and the upgraded L30 only with the rechargable model.

I have a preference for the replacable batteries and have followed the (unending) comments on this site.

My question: is the L30 model some much improved from P30 model to warrent me changing to a rechargable battery type thaI really don’e want?

Thanks for your help.

You’ve basically given yourself the answer. When it comes down the using disposable batteries you’ll have to stick with the P30.
The L30 has some minor improvements and there are lots of threads around that, but they’re not that enormous that you must go for the L30.

I believe you’ll be pretty happy with the P30.

Best,
Phil

I’m in the UK.

I got given some Oticon Xceed 1 and some Phonak Paradise 70 (Naida P70 UP) as you can’t use the Roger and Bluetooth at the same time with the Oticon.

The P70 for me, has really good sound over the older Phonak Aids. For me, I have all fancy features turned off so they’ll be equal to the P30.

Not tried Lumity tho as where I live, the UK NHS aren’t handing them out yet.

I like my Oticon Aids as well but not being able to use the Roger and Bluetooth together was a big thumbs down.