Phonak Nathos Nova for NHS?

@Zebras sorry not been very clear i meant’t in terms of the programs that can be added to the hearing aids like on my current one i have speech in noise and a music program as well as one for my mylink what options are there like that for the nathos nova

@LRav

Sorry just finished work so couldn’t reply sooner.

I’m not sure as I don’t have the Aids.

It’ll tell you on the Phonak NHS page.

Thanks will check out the nhs phonak page and see what the information says about program options

@LRav

I’ve just remembered that programs like Speech in Loud Noise and Speech in 360 won’t work for you as they need two Aids for the programs to work.

Ok I really hope that there is something like that for one hearing aid because one of the most important things for me if I’m really going to be able to use the phonak nathos nova to a good extent is to be able to have some kind of programs that can handle noisy environments and speech in those kind of environments as one of my biggest problems when i first had one hearing aid was hearing someone talking to me in noise

@LRav

There’ll be a Speech in Noise program that can be used with one Aid but not programs like Speech in Loud Noise or Speech in 360.

1 Like

Ok thank you for that i really hope that i can get it set up with some programs etc which will make the experience as close as possible to what i have now in terms of clarity of speech and amount of background noise

@LRav

This is how hard it can be to take off old tubing from ear hooks. Instead, it breaks the ear hook!!

Not my picture but a good example.

My appointment to be fitted with the nathos nova is next will update on how it went then also going to see about maybe an extra mould as I’ve tried taking the mould off and on with my cros aid and i can’t do it without a lot of trouble had to get someone else to put it back on for me which is not always possible

That’s because the tubing needs to be changed. As I’ve said before, you need to change the tubing regular otherwise it will be difficult.

1 Like

@Zebras I get that the tubing was only changed at my last appointment in February so it’s not that it is stiff as it is very easy to get off i just find it is painful in taking it off for my fingers and i find it very fiddly to get back on as i don’t have the dexterity to actually line it up to get it to go on correctly without dropping it

1 Like

@LRav

I understand now.

I hope you like the Nathos Nova.

@Zebras thank you very much i hope it works out well also i don’t know if this would be possible but a couple things i have noticed with my current hearing aids is i have a tower fan and if i have that on when I’m watching something that i really want to give my full attention to i find it very annoying to hear that buzzing away in the background so i really want them to turn the background noise down to level where i can not hear the fan behind what I’m watching as i find it very annoying. So I’m going to ask about that next week

That’ll be the TK / 35 dB section that needs to be lowered. This is for quiet sounds like you mentioned.

Ok thanks so much for that info

Update had my appointment today to pick up the nathos nova things went well today although he couldn’t get my mylink and clip on mic working as there was no option showing for a loop program under the programs. Also he decided to order another mould for my right ear as he as put the new one on my nathos nova and he decided to get another one for the cros aids also brief question the charger they gave me is really big photo attached

Is there another charging case i can get that would be smaller for charging it as that case would not be easy to pack when going away. I need to get the partner mic but don’t know if the non Easyline partner mic will work with it as I’ve seen one for 84 pounds but its not Easyline so don’t know but hope that it should be ok to order as that is the cheapest I’ve seen so far but need to know first if it will work

According to this, the standard Phonak Partner Mic will work.

Ok thank you @Zebras for that info that will be great but also would say the combi charger case with a power pack work as that would be easier from what I’ve seen to use for travel

@LRav

I’m really not sure about the charger issue.

You would need to look for a charger that will accept the Phonak Bolero Marvel as that is what you basically have. It’s just rebranded for the NHS. The charger for the Audeo Marvel will be too small.

1 Like

@Zebras thanks will look into that he also turned the noise block up so as it would aggressively knock out any sound that is not speech on cros aid so that is working much better now as well. I’ve found this link for a charging case but don’t know if it will do https://www.connevans.co.uk/product/36001551/3P075004013/Phonak-Charger-Case-Combi-for-Marvel--Belong---Paradise

@LRav

That case / charger would work but it’s bigger then the one you have now.

EDIT - I don’t think you’ll be able to get the mini charging case as it’s only suitable for the Audeo range.