Phonak Naida Marvel and sweat

Hello I have a set of Phonak Naida Marvel M90 BTE hearing aids, I have a question, When I sweat the right side battery gets wet and goes out and I have to replace it, the left side I can sweat all day and battery stays dry, right side has been in for service (non warranty) with no resolution they will not respond to as to what the issue is and why they can not fix the issue, Is there any one that had the same issue and if it was fixed or not? I am thinking on getting a set of Naida Paridise UPs but if they have the same issue Ido not know if I will get them.
Thank you for your time and response Ron

I recommend getting a pair of ear gear! I love them they help a lot with sweat

As for the service issue I’m not quite sure but hopefully it gets solved soon.

Are you a self programmer?

You could swop them over so right to left and left to right, by changing settings on Target and see what happens.

If it’s the right side again, it might be that your right side sweats more.

Call me paranoid, but I don’t trust HAs when I start sweating (I take them off, into the box with silica gel). There must be a reason these things have a lifespan of “5-7 y”, when almost all other small electronic devices around me last decades.

I have Naida Paradise 90UP. This is the first pair I ever had that do not get batteries wet ever! I sweat like a dog while running my hobby farm. I’ve been wearing hearing aids for more than 40 years. I’m pleased as punch.
Best Wishes,
Dan

I had those hearing aids and replaced them with Naida Paradise that are better in sweat. What happens is that the vent hole in the zinc air battery gets closed with sweat, hence no air. On the left side the vent faces outside.

If I am sweating badly, I remove the aids.

2 Likes

Never realised this.

1 Like

Who says they only last this long, it’s a urban myth that’s been thrown around the interweb for a long time now, HAs can and do last much longer, just as some only last 2-3 years, I’ve been in very humid weather for months on end without issues, I think when the nano coating is not up to scratch on some batches of HAs, corrosion is definitely up there as a common circuit problem tho, so you’ll be fine if that’s your solution when things get a bit hot outside.

Yes- my in-the-ear Starkeys are 10+ years old now and still running fine, also helped by a couple of repairs and cleanings (I am impressed with support from Starkey in that area). Hope my Phonaks will thrive that long as well, since by hearing is bad (ototoxic damage as a toddler from antibiotics) but very stable, and I just love these HAs and their exquisite amplification control depending on ambient volume.