Phonak Naida Lumity P70 vs P90

I’m currently wearing an old, thirteen-year-old Phonak Naida V P70. I want to buy Naida Lumity but I have to choose the version - P70 or P90. I looked at the differences between the versions and I know that P90 has the same number of channels, but has some features: Speech in Car, Speech in Loud Noise, SpeechSensor and Speech Enhancer.

Due to severe hearing loss, my problem has always been public places - speech in noise - restaurants, music clubs, bars.

Has anyone tested the 70 and 90 versions of Phonak hearing aids and can confirm that it is worth spending more for the top model? Does the higher the version mean a greater risk of failure?

Thank you for any advice :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Artur

What hearing aids do you currently wear as the P90 is not 13 years old. Do you mean the Naida V UP?

Are you also choosing between the L70 and L90 as the P70 and P90 is Paradise.

The L90 had Speech Sensor and Comfort in Echo which I’m looking forward too.

I’m wearing the Naida P70 UP and getting the Naida L90 UP very soon.

3 Likes

You are right, I have Naida V UP.
I had Naida Lumita in mind from the beginning so of course I mean L70 and L90.
Please forgive me, I haven’t been interested in new equipment for a very long time and hence my lack of knowledge.

This is great news, I’m very curious if you’ll notice any differences, especially in situations with increased noise. Let me know!

Many people have said L90 is much better within noise compared to previous generations.

1 Like

My experience is with the Audeo L90, not the Naida version, but I think the programs are supposed to function the same way.

I have noticed a difference between Speech in Noise and Speech in Loud noise, but my understanding is that both are available with L70, too. The difference is that only the L90s have Speech in Loud Noise as part of Autosense. On the L70s, it can be selected manually if you/your audi sets it up that way, but the aids won’t automatically select it when there’s noise. Perhaps more importantly, they won’t automatically switch back when you go somewhere quieter, and you’ll be unable to hear anything outside of a cone-shaped region in front of your face for however long it takes you to notice, remember, and switch it back. If your main issue is noisy crowded places, then you’ll probably want this feature, but you’ll have it either way. It just comes down to whether you want to fiddle with buttons or the app every time.

Personally, I’ve found Speech Enhance useful for hearing soft-spoken people without needing to crank up the overall volume. Specifically, I’ve found it useful in meetings where the person immediately to my right is shouting basically in my ear towards a speakerphone to my left at the far end of a long table, and a soft-spoken colleague at the far end of the same table (near the speakerphone) is speaking at their normal quiet volume.

I really like the Speech in Car mode, but I think it might be possible to recreate the same function by setting it up to cancel environmental noise while still honing in on speech from all directions rather than just in front of you. As with Speech in Loud Noise, you’d have to select and deselect it manually.

I haven’t tried disabling Speech Sensor, so I can’t really evaluate its usefulness.

Happy to answer any other questions!

2 Likes

or

2 Likes