Phonak Naida Features?

I’m visiting my 98 yr old ma. She bought Phonak Naida aids in Nov 2021. She finally got a Jitterbug Smart 3 phone (with Lively OS) and we’re wondering if we can get these Naida aids paired + connected to it?

I looked at the Phonak Naida Feature list here, and see an icon for “universal connectivity” (i.e., Bluetooth capability?) but no “Acoustic Phone” program in the list.

By contrast, my Phonak Lumity Life aids have both of these options. I’m paired + connected to a Samsung Flip-4 for streaming phone calls. I also have a special program dedicated to Acoustic Phone so I can answer anyone’s phone and get the stereophonic listening.

If anyone out here has Naidas connected to a phone, let me know & I’ll have my mom take her aids and phone in to her audi to help her get them paired + connected.

2 Likes

Hi @1Bluejay, I have the Naida P90 UP’s, certain programs have to be switched on via Target, Bluetooth should be switched on, acoustic phone doesn’t appear to be available on the Naida Paradise? I only use iPhones, which Pair seamlessly to my Naida P’s, so apologies, I can’t help you to pair to an Android, but it should pair to almost any smartphone without any problems… Try downloading the MyPhonak app, and run it, it usually gives you a rundown of the aids functions… Good Luck, cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

I think the app and bluetooth connectivity are independent. Should be able to go into phone’s settings and go to bluetooth. Open and close HA’s battery doors and you should be able to pair them with phone.

3 Likes

You don’t need the app for the phone to pair with the aids.

2 Likes

Not that I use the app much Rick, maybe once a month? Invariably, I just use the rocker switch very occasionally, to turn the aids up or down… I do simple well :upside_down_face: but if I recall correctly, the MyPhonak usually gives you a list of the installed features/programs … Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Hey ALL! Thanks so much for your quick replies! I’m going to send my mom a link to this thread …

My own thoughts? It’d be worth her getting in to the audi with her Jitterbug phone to see if it can be paired + connected to the Naida aids (not sure what model they are - just Paradise Naida was on the sales receipt).

I was able to pair + connect my Lumity Life aids with NO prob to her Jitterbug Smart 3 phone. But when we had her open/close the battery door on HER aids, her phone’s BT never even found them, so perhaps something has to be done in Target sofware,

2 Likes

Just thinking out loud here.
Her phone needs to be put into pairing mode when you open and close the hearing aids battery doors.

2 Likes

Raudrive is correct. I have paired my P70-UP aids with my phone. Target software has nothing to do with it. It’s an Bluetooth pairing matter and sometimes you have to open and close the hearing aid door to get the phone to detect the Bluetooth in your hearing aids.

3 Likes

It was! I was actually able to get the Jitterbug BT to “look for nearby devices” - but it didn’t find the Naida’s. I’m surprised if it can’t stream phone calls, cuz she bought these aids in November 2021. Are they that out of date?

Maybe she’ll find out if she gets in to see her audi …

We opened/closed the battery doors multiple times, and got the BT to say “looking for nearby devices” but while it found MY aids in a nano-second, it never found hers even as I left it searching for a good 3-4 minutes. Sigh.

My mom shrinks from her phone like it’s the ENEMY. It would be so much better to stream calls and LOVE her phone! Like I do! Streaming phone calls is empowering! Liberating! :smile:

I reiterate, you may need to install the MyPhonak app on your mums phone, it gives you the exact version of hearing aids you have with all features installed… If you click on devices in the app homepage on her phone, another window appears, click on Bluetooth Phone Calls, you now have 2 choices, fixed bandwidth or adaptive bandwidth, please note, adaptive bandwidth doesn’t work with all smartphones! It could be that simple that it’s on the wrong bandwidth, and if your mum’s phone isn’t compatible, it will need to be switched back to fixed bandwidth… Worth a try, good luck, cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

It would be helpful to know which model of Naidas they are. Just because they were bought in 2021 doesn’t mean they were the latest version at the time. The way you describe your experience makes me think they are not bluetooth compatible.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with your suspicions @MDB ? Her mum may have been duped into buying Nadia Ventures, I am unsure if there was a Nadia Belong, 2020 Nadia Marvels SP appeared, with the 13 batteries, 2021 Nadia Paradise UP with 675 batteries… Only Marvel & Paradise have Bluetooth… I hope we are wrong… Cheers Kev

2 Likes

according to hearingtracker in 2018 Phonak released Naida B (Belong) → no Bluetooth supported.

One B-R as rechargable, one B-SP with 13 batteries and one B-UP with 675 batteries.

2020 release of Naida M SP (13)
2021 release of Nadia P UP (675)

With this link you find the overview for the Phonak hearing aids generations

2 Likes

So it was not the Paradise aids. I have the backup V90-SP aids with the compilot 2 and the TV Link device. Your mother got scammed with older aids instead of the new technology aids. You need to file an complaint.