Phonak Naida B90-UP vs Naida Paradise P90-UP?

Hello all (it feels good to have a community),

So far I’ve tried Naida B90-UP which is an earlier model of Paradise P90-UP. I am currently wearing Signia Motion C&G SP7X for the past few months. When I wore the Naida B90 hearing aids, the audiologist did the settings which sucked so I thought maybe the hearing aid is not for me. When I got the Motion SP7X hearing aids, the audiologist again sucked at doing the settings so I did some manual settings myself and the result were better but I am still tinkering and trying to improve my hearing.

This made me realize I never did manual settings myself when I got the Naida B-90 hearing aids earlier. Also, I just got to know that Phonak released Paradise P90-UP hearing aids. I want to try them but in my country, expensive hearing aids cannot be afforded by many so audiologists have to import them and they only do that if I purchase them. So trailing them is out of the question. However, my audiologist still has the old Naida B90 hearing aids with him which I can try again and do manual settings myself.

My question is has anyone tried both Naida B90-UP and Naida P90-UP hearing aids? What difference did you notice in sound quality between both of them? Is there a difference or does sound feel the same since they both have the same family of sound processor?

I would really appreciate an answer and feedback from everyone here. Looking forward!

1 Like

I haven’t used these models myself, but they won’t be to far off from sounding similar, this of course is quite subjective, but if you do your own DIY programming, you can get them set up how you like, as for the chip/processor they are different, by quite a bit, bluetooth is totally different as well, as in direct streaming on the Paradise platform which you don’t get on the older belong version, processing power is up on the Paradise as well, I think that going by your post, cost is the main consideration so the B90 are so much cheaper.
Why not try the B90s again and set them up as best as possible, you could then work with your audiologist with any issues that you may need help with, I don’t know how the clinics work in Pakistan, but in most countries its not always easy finding a suitable audiologist for this tho.
It’s unfortunate you don’t like the Signia 7X, it’s one of my favourite brands, but at least you’ll be able to compare between them and the B90.

Price is not a problem for me. I just feel like wanting to try Paradise to compare with Signia 7X and see if the sound improves or not. Signia 7X is working great for me and I definitely feel there is room for improvement. I will continue to make gradual improvements and see if that makes a difference or not. Another reason for giving Paradise a shot is that I heard the processor/sound is more powerful. Is that true? Signia 7X is 86 dB / 144 dB SPL, what about Paradise?

Another idea since cost doesn’t matter, find a new audiologist

It seems not quite, depending on what figures they told you, Paradise 84dB / 141dB SPL, but of course there’s more to it then just straight out figures on paper,the new PRISM chip and the receiver delivering less distortion, Phonaks new APD 2.0 algorithm, these things are what could make the difference for people.

I agree. The chip and sound algorithm definitely makes a difference in the quality of the hearing. I will see if there’s a chance of trying Paradise the next time I am in the US. I should definitely check out all the options available in the market. Having a good hearing makes a massive difference in confidence.

1 Like

@TallRobocop

My friend here in the UK is flying her Dad over from Pakistan to the UK to buy hearing aids as apparently it’ll be cheaper.

The flight cost and the price of the Phonak P90 is apparently cheaper then buying the Phonak P30 in Pakistan. I’m truly shocked.

He’s currently wearing the Naida S V UP and is looking for upgraded UP hearing aids.

That’s shocking! I am in the market to buy Phonak Naida P90 and the quote I was given by a local hearing aid shop in Pakistan was outrageously high. Is your friend going to buy her dad these hearing aids on her family insurance package or is it going to be out of pocket cost? What’s the total cost of a pair of hearing aids in the UK? Please ask your friend and let me know. If it’s a reasonable cost, I will ask my brother who’s a doctor in the UK to grab me a pair from there when he visits Pakistan next month. You can DM (direct message) me if you don’t want to share details publicly.

She was talking about this place but I don’t think she’s fully made her mind up yet.

I then told her about this company.

1 Like

I think she’s paying full cost as I don’t believe she has any insurance but I can’t be sure.

This is an amazing website. Thanks for sharing! I wish I knew about this earlier. It’s showing the price of a pair of Phonak Naida P90 hearing aids at almost half the cost of what the local shop here is selling it for. Brilliant! I am going to order it from here.

I’ve glad I have helped. Let me know if I can help further.

1 Like