Phonak Marvel Trial Aids

Anyone know why they would chime every hour after 6 weeks? What’s the purpose?

Maybe to drive you crazy if you overstay your trial time period.

1 Like

Its not exactly simple when you need the programmer and software that a member of the public is not supposed to have :-/

The manufacturers are well aware of our self programming capabilities.

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject, but what are “trial aids”? I guess I am mistaken but I thought they were just new hearing aids taken out of stock and sold to a customer with the right of return and refund within a set time period. Or maybe a demo set that keeps getting sent out with new customers? But if that were the case then the customer who is happy with his trial and never comes back would be paying new price for a previously used demo. So I don’t know what trials aids are and am curious to know, because if they actually remain the property of the store or hearing aid company, then legal title cannot pass, right?
Don’t hearing aids, like other electronic products, have serial numbers embossed into them?

Well there are these;
PHONAK-AUDEO-V30-312-RIC-Demo-Hearing-Aids

and these Oticon Alta Pro DEMO, good thing or Dud?
and apparently they can also Beep at you.

Marvel Trial Hearing Aids and the relevant section in Target.

I am curious about demo, trail aids too, they come up for sale now and then. Are they really different from standard aids? If they are, what’s the difference?
The seller of a set I am looking at said they are no different. I wanted to see if anyone here really knew the answer.

I will find out in approx 4 weeks when I expect them to start beeping and will need re-programming.
Only other difference I can see is ability to select performance level.

Drew

1 Like

I don’t think we really know for sure. In the old days if you could reprogram them then you were good to go. But now they/some may beep after an elapsed time period? We’re using @droo as our tester :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

test

2 Likes

Concerning the beeping. These demo aids would have to be reset at the audiologist office (or self programmer) for new clients.
The specifics about the model is important too.

Yeh I’m the crash test dummy here !

Won’t be long now.
I have a hunch that no beeps will happen. In other words, act like normal aids.

2 people testing now.
Let us know.

Today my left aid has stared making 3 descending tones every hour.
Looks like crash test dummy time is upon us ?!?

I will monitor today and check out the settings tonight when I get home !

Drew

1 Like

You’re lucky to get 6 weeks out of them. The Unitron Trial HAs that I’ve been given will beep only after 2 weeks. They’ll beep every hour for 6 hours and then every minute until you get them re set.

So the left one beeped every hour 3 descending tones.

I have used target to read them, there is no obvious warning, but I note that I made a change on the right one a few weeks ago - I wonder if any change resets the timer ?

I have changed the bluetooth name and saved that back to the devices, will wait an hour and see what happens. If it still does it then I will reset the aid with the trial option then restore my last session.

Drew.

Few stats here :- Phonak Marvel Trial Summary - Album on Imgur

2 hours no 3 beeps - as I expected, config change resets trial timer.
I will continue to monitor.

Congratulations. That is better than I expected. I guess the Phonak engineers are a bunch of dummies.