Phonak Marvel, Paradise and KS9 and Zoom--microphone

I think you’re looking at wrong direction. Marketing department. Otherwise, what would they offer with next line (paradises) :rofl:

Also, afaik you don’t need to ‘forget’ HAs on some device, you just need to pair to new device, the old pairing will be forgotten in aids automatically, no?

Nope.
LE is used for remote control, and each aids has own LE connection.
For streaming BT classic is used, master aid connects to the source, and slave aid will get the signal through the master as a proxy.
Then this BT connection has 2 protocols - handsfree (headset = the one with mic), used for phone calls, and media streaming (headphone = without mic). In some devices you can actually choose which BT protocol to use, like my smarthphone can be connected to one, both or none, depending on what I want - notifications kicks media stream, so if you don’t want to hear them ,you have to shut down media stream.

Also, headset is common name for headphone+mic :wink: no matter if one or two ears, and most popular headset is voyager legend, and you’ll notice that this thing is single side, whereas marvels are binaural :smiley:

Or you put something over them when you’re streaming, or even on the canal like this
https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B003H4T0YS/

I think main reason are the different drivers. Those from dongles seems to cover something better than those for built in BTs.

Yeah, I suspect you’re right about drivers. I think how the OS is designed is also an issue. I read somewhere that “anything with an OS” will have problems which I believe is inaccurate as I believe everything has an OS, but perhaps the more complex the OS, the more likely problems are? I know Zoom works well with my Chromebook, which I think has a simplified Linux OS and relies on the browser? I read that Jabra supplies a dongle with their earbuds that is designed to work well with more complex OS. They won’t guarantee their product to work other BT

When log in to Zoom on your computer and call in on your phone are you registered as two participants? That is what happen when I logged in to Zoom with my computer and then on my phone then I’m registered as two participants with one video. No big deal just wanted to verify you got the same results.

No. When you log in on the computer it gives you an option to call in, and it gives you a meeting id to input and a participant id to input. if you don’t input the participant id then it will log you in as 2 different participants.

2 Likes

This is precisely the problem that brought me to this forum. Paradise connects with MacOS pretty well, but the instant Zoom is launched, it spins & fails. Hoping someone can suggest a fix for this. It worked a few days initially, but no longer.

I use the phonak paradise but if i enable the mic name hands free AG audio I lose sound completely.
This happens whenever I have the mic active on a windows 10 PC and laptop in zoom or discord. Even when gaming if the input device is set to hands free AG audio I lose all sound.

I am forced to install a USB mic and disable the hands free AG audio or nothing will work. Yet when connecting to my android mobile everything works fine.

Anyone have any idea why if I have the hearing aid mic enabled windows wont play sound?

It is the same in my configuration. Hands free does not work with laptop. I use the laptops mics instead. The HA as headphones only. I found no other way, I think we have to live with that.

Thanks for the response, I spoke to Phonak support and they said it should work with zoom no problem and they are not aware of any issue. I paid +/- 4000 euro for them so hope they can figure it out.
I think i will give them another call though I do not think its a phonak issue but more a windows/driver issue because it works fine on android.
It was the same with my previous phonaks and a compilot 2.

2 Likes

I agree, I don’t think it’s a Phonak issue.
Works also fine with my Android.
Let us know if you (or Phonak) finds a Solution!

1 Like