Phonak Marvel Bluetooth

I’m not following you when you say “I disconnected (un-paired)” are you connecting and unconnecting by pairing and unpairing? I remain paired to all my devices and just connect and disconnect among them.

I only wanted my iPhone and iPad paired so I had to unpair the 2nd iPhone. When I did this I had to pair the 1st iPhone again even though it had been paired previously.

I’ve only used Android and Microsoft products. I’ve never used Apple products, so I have no idea what could be happening.

Which iPhone was paired last

I’m not sure anymore. They are two identical SE iPhones, mine and my wife’s. I never want my wife’s iPhone permanently paired to my aids, I paired it just for testing purposes. Right now I have my iPhone and iPad paired and can’t pair a 3rd device just like Phonak said.

I’m quite pleased with the Bluetooth connection limitations of Phonak. I’m paired with several devices and only have to turn off Bluetooth for that device when I want to switch to another device. I don’t have to unpair each time. Once paired you should be able to switch devices by this method. It is correct you can only connect to one device at a time.

1 Like

So I’m still having a bit of cutting and stuttering and even occasionally some gaps in my playback when I’m outside with my marvel hearing aids. I check on Phonak website and my phone is shown to be completely supported.

Another thing I personally wished that phonak did was to send updates straight to the user or at least warn the user if there is any new updates.

Not sure where all this back and forth is going but I’ve yet to see an “official” Phonak link that says the company has corrected its pairing issues with multiple bluetooth devices. Until we see something from the company (official statement), you’re all spinning your wheels.

1 Like

Check out the Marvel 2.0 update.
It cleared up the pairing issues.

1 Like

Update 2 only added the ability to add multiple devices to one HA. Nothing for the connectivity issue.

For me that was the connectivity issue. After installing the update 2 firmware, I can now pair multiple devices and I can connect with any paired device I want.

1 Like

I finally got that firmware update and so far it seems to be working well. I’m currently paired with my phone and my laptop–currently connected to my phone. I haven’t tried using either of them outdoors yet.
I also got a second pair of the Marvels; they’ve been updated with a new chip or something. Anyway, the new pair is working to adjust volume etc. using the app, but I couldn’t get them to stream audio from the phone. I was able to stream from the laptop with the new ones. I’m thinking that both pair having the same name might be the issue.
But, much as I love 'em, the audio streaming is just icing–the cake is being able to hear better. I had both pair adjusted to my new prescription; even in just a year’s time there had been quite a change and it almost brought tears to my eyes all over again.

3 Likes

Things that make you go HMMMM . . .
I accidentally discovered something about my Marvels being paired to both my laptop and my phone. I was connected to my phone when I turned it off and put the HAs onto the charger overnight. When I got up this morning and put my HAs in–they automatically connected to my laptop because my phone was still turned off.

2 Likes

Hi guys did any of you tried Phonak marvel with Bluetooth enabled smart tv without tv streamer . How is the sound quality via hearing aids only . Is there any latency?

For me, connecting with my phone was the main thing, although I do occasionally watch videos and listen to music on my laptop–more often since I got the first Marvels. It is nice to stay paired to both–although I’m not able to pair with more than two devices the way you can–even with the second pair that has a new chip. (BTW, I did finally manage to connect them with my phone.) But I’m still able to stream with both pair even outside with no issues. (To clarify: I am not able to pair both sets of Marvels to the same device at the same time.)

1 Like

Your phone make/model?

It’s an LG G6 running Android version 9

1 Like

I don’t have a smart tv or a streamer myself.

That’s why i an inquiring

1 Like