Phonak Marvel Bluetooth

Update 2 only added the ability to add multiple devices to one HA. Nothing for the connectivity issue.

For me that was the connectivity issue. After installing the update 2 firmware, I can now pair multiple devices and I can connect with any paired device I want.

1 Like

I finally got that firmware update and so far it seems to be working well. I’m currently paired with my phone and my laptop–currently connected to my phone. I haven’t tried using either of them outdoors yet.
I also got a second pair of the Marvels; they’ve been updated with a new chip or something. Anyway, the new pair is working to adjust volume etc. using the app, but I couldn’t get them to stream audio from the phone. I was able to stream from the laptop with the new ones. I’m thinking that both pair having the same name might be the issue.
But, much as I love 'em, the audio streaming is just icing–the cake is being able to hear better. I had both pair adjusted to my new prescription; even in just a year’s time there had been quite a change and it almost brought tears to my eyes all over again.

3 Likes

Things that make you go HMMMM . . .
I accidentally discovered something about my Marvels being paired to both my laptop and my phone. I was connected to my phone when I turned it off and put the HAs onto the charger overnight. When I got up this morning and put my HAs in–they automatically connected to my laptop because my phone was still turned off.

2 Likes

Hi guys did any of you tried Phonak marvel with Bluetooth enabled smart tv without tv streamer . How is the sound quality via hearing aids only . Is there any latency?

For me, connecting with my phone was the main thing, although I do occasionally watch videos and listen to music on my laptop–more often since I got the first Marvels. It is nice to stay paired to both–although I’m not able to pair with more than two devices the way you can–even with the second pair that has a new chip. (BTW, I did finally manage to connect them with my phone.) But I’m still able to stream with both pair even outside with no issues. (To clarify: I am not able to pair both sets of Marvels to the same device at the same time.)

1 Like

Your phone make/model?

It’s an LG G6 running Android version 9

1 Like

I don’t have a smart tv or a streamer myself.

That’s why i an inquiring

1 Like

Although I bought a Phonak TV connector for my present HA’s, I can tell you that I used an aptX transmitter and aptX headphones over my 6 yr old HA’s and there was no latency. But that might not apply to the Marvels (or my similar KS9s) because the Marvels and KS9s do not have a built-in aptX receiver, since they rely on Phonak’s proprietary system built into their TV Connector. For $99 at Costco, I went with the Phonak TV Connector.

I recently purchased a chromebook and it’s working rather well for me. No issues connecting the marvels to it. The experience has been so positive that I’m considering the Pixel 4 as my next phone. Do you have any experience with that model?
Update: 08/14/20–Unfortunately there was something about the Chromebook that just didn’t agree with my home wifi. It would actually cause my modem/router to power off and restart repeatedly. I had Comcast out multiple times; updated my modem/router–made repairs to the junction box outside–replaced cables inside and out–but the problem continued. As an experiment I “forgot” the device from my network and put it away for a few weeks. During that time I didn’t have any problem with my wifi. This morning I got the Chromebook out and my modem/router immediately shutdown and restarted twice before I was able to “forget” it again and I returned it to Costco this morning.

I stayed with the Pixel 3 XL this year. Although I did consider the 4 XL. Price wasn’t a consideration. I was simply quite satisfied with the 3 XL. It’s also important that Kate likes her 3 XL. A happy wife is very important! I’ve heard good things about the 4 XL. But if I were thinking about doing the 4 XL, the 5 XL is only a couple of months away, so consider that. The only difference between the regular and XL model Pixel is the size. Everything else is identical, processor, speed, camera, everything. I have the XL model because I like a larger size.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s good to know. My LG G6 is beginning to show battery issues, so I figured now is the time to start looking.

Pixel 5 will have upsides of being 5G compatible and I think will support BT 5.2. At least it’s chipset has the potential of supporting it (Snapdragon 768G).

I haven’t been able to find out which version of Bluetooth this Chromebook has, but out of curiosity I left it on my front porch while I played some you tube videos. The signal was crystal clear even across the street!

1 Like

That’s pretty good range.
No dongle or TV connector, right?

Right. Just the gizmo and the Marvels. I’ve been very fortunate with that.

2 Likes

I’m catching up on Marvel/Bluetooth posts. Is this why when one of my batteries goes dead I cannot stream TV to my HAs? Music from iPhone works w/ just one HA. TIA. OBTW I have Signia 13BT (3yrs old)

Signia use MFi.
MFi streams simultaneously to both of your Signia HA’s.

Marvels use Bluetooth Classic.
Stereo is streamed to only one HA and then divided for each HA.

The principal is very different and Phonak is that way to enable streaming in stereo to an Android device and yet still work for an Apple device.