Phonak Marvel 70 Windows 10 Bluetooth

Hello everybody I am new to the forms and I am hoping someone may be able to help me with a problem I am having. I am trying to use my phone act marvel 70 hearing aid for streaming gaming audio to my hearing aid from my Windows 10 PC and also use it as a microphone.

I can get it connected to my computer and it sees it as an audio device and microphone. But when audio is streaming whether it is a game or Netflix it is all distorted and you can’t really make anything out.

is there anything I can do to improve this to make sure that the audio come through clear and crisp?

Thank you for any help and your time in advance.

That’s not my issue but it kind of sounds like you may not be close enough to the bluetooth transmitter in the computer.

My issue is that I can’t use the Marvel’s as a headset in Windows 10. It’s ID’ed as voice / music, I can see it as a headset in MS Teams but if I use it like that you can’t hear anything.

Having similar issues with KS9. Has anybody successfully used Marvels with Windows 10 Desktop? If so, did you do anything special?

Pair the Marvel with the Win 10 PC. Disconnect (not un-pair) the Marvel from your phone or what ever else might be active. The Hearing Aid should automatically connect to the PC when it is available and nothing else is competing. If it does not, go to the blue tooth settings on the PC and ask that it connect by asking for a list of available devices and then left clicking the hearing aid. The PC should see the device since it is now paired.

So have you done that successfully? If so, what computer and bluetooth device do you have? I’ve tried multiple times with my KS9 and have been unsuccessful with my Dell Desktop. Works like a charm on my Chromebook. On the Dell it pairs fine, but is listed as an “other” device and does not show up on Audio devices.

These screen captures may help. HD 100-9200201 is my right hearing aid.

Thanks. Interesting. My hearing aids do not show up under Bluetooth Devices in Device Manager (looked under all categories), but do show up in Bluetooth settings as paired. Only difference I saw was that you seem to have a Broadcom based USB Bluetooth whereas I have a Quallcom that’s inserted into the motherboard. Perhaps the USB dongles have better drivers than the built in one?

I am merely using the Bluetooth radio embedded with the ASRock H470M-ITX/AC.

I notice that in my Device Manager the hearing aids are identified as a R-Phonak hearing aid. Usually the system will interrogate the device asking to be paired and the hearing aid sends a pre-defined plain text name. If that is not available it probably uses a hardware ID. Windows does not care but humans like plain text.

Mine is R-KS9 Hearing Aid. That’s a pretty nice motherboard–imagine it has a better BT radio than my inexpensive Dell.

Here’s my Bluetooth using a Gigabyte 350 Motherboard.

It shows up as a headset and is usable that way for input and output.
I normally keep the Hearing Aids paired to my iPhone though.

I assume you have already, but you might make sure your device drivers are current. I think some radios that are long in the tooth (say more than five years) get a bit iffy. Even the newer drivers struggle with hardware or software that is marginal. Do you have a spare BT dongle laying around? Something like Plugable. Does anything else you have pair and connect to the PC via bluetooth? Your phone for instance. I would start by deleting any BT devices paired with the PC and then start with the hearing aids.

1 Like

No Bluetooth USB dongle is used for my laptop… Device Manager shown below. My computers and hearing aids are 4 years old or older. In the past, if a device has failed to show up in Device Manager it has usually been caused by an out of date driver. My hearing aid connects almost instantly when either computer boots.

My bad. I was actually talking to MDB. Or trying.

1 Like

Drivers are current. I’m going to wait until I have fresh batteries in the aids to try again. Thanks!

Try to disable “Adaptive bandwidth” in myPhonak (in “bluetooth phone calls”).

Thanks. I thought I posted, but perhaps in another thread that a new bluetooth dongle (Insignia from BestBuy for less than $15) fixed it. I just checked and I was already on fixed bandwidth so that wasn’t it. I get the impression that inexpensive computers don’t install the best bluetooth chips.

Ok, for future readers I have a quite good hardware (Intel AC 8260) and it works only if I select the fixed bandwith (meanwhile with Android 8 is fine with the adaptive).

1 Like