Phonak M50 vs B90T

I have the Phonak B90T and have been offered the M50. Apart from the direct connect feature of the M50, could they be considered an upgrade to my “old” B90T HA?

AutoSense in the M50 won’t have any where near the amount of programs that your AutoSense has in the B90.

Well it is a “new” chip in the Marvel, but noise reduction and some other features won’t be the same as the 90’s, depending on your hearing loss you probably won’t notice much in general hearing environments, if you can since you already have B90 try and get M90, as for Bluetooth are you using the compilot ll on those B90’s, a great device that works well in most cases, not having to use one with the M50 can be a deal breaker for some, are the M50 rechargeable or disposal batteries, as they chew through this for direct streaming so something to factor in.

M50 won’t have the Telecoil.

My M70s have Telecoil. Rechargeable version doesn’t

I have some Ventures 13 battery. With Compilot II, I still got 2 weeks battery usage. I used it for TV streaming and calls as well.

My useage hasn’t changed, but my M70 312s only ever gave me 3 days. I now have P90 13T and they give me 6.

Obviously, the Marvel range was the first that stopped using the Compilot system, and went to the Airstream system for their Streaming accessory. I do find it an improvement though.

I’d likely go for the M50 here though

Yep same here, i really liked mine as well, but eventually I gave up on Phonak and moved to others, which have never been able to close to this usage.

Of course that was for the tv connecter only, otherwise it’s plane old classic bluetooth streaming.

1 Like