Phonak Lumity & Landline telephone

OK, I have a pair of Phonak Lumity 90s which pair very well with my android phone. Very satisfied with this. However, I also have a landline telephone which has bluetooth capability. Does anyone have any experience pairing their aids to a landline phone. My concern is that I don’t want calls coming in on the landline to automatically go to the aids the way the cell phone calls do. Most of the landline calls tend to be telemarketers or scam calls. But I’m not sure I can avoid that. Interested in any experiences.

If you have the “Acoustic Phone” program added, you can hold the phone up to an ear and hear it in both. (One ear, you have to pick one and it is always that ear. Hold it so it is near the mics.)

WH

3 Likes

The Acoustic Phone program uses the Telecoil signal from the phone itself and is independent of Bluetooth, so you can screen the call or ignore it. You have to switch to the program, which can be done by pushing the button on the HA. Then you may have to hold the phone to the HA just so, not to your ear. This can be a hassle, but is worth it to me. You’ll have to try it out and see if it works with your phone.

1 Like

I’m told by panasonic that their phones will not work via bluetooth with a hearing aid.

My house Panasonic portables worked well with my compilot S, since I changed to the paradise model, I knew that this would no longer be available, I chose the T-coil model, and had my Audi put the program in second spot, added a large earth mag. to the phone to make sure it connected (it is ha compatible for t-coils) I also have call display (this deals with the scams) so when a call comes in and I want to pick it up, I have time to switch programs, it’s a small price to pay for the upgrade from my older audio B to the Paradise technology, hope it helps. The other issue I was having, is when connected Bluetooth to the house phone I could not use the keys to send tones, now with t-coils this is not an issue, so loose one bit and gain one bit.

2 Likes