Phonak Lumity L90R versus L90RT

I was wondering whether there are more differences between the models than obvious at first glance.
The T stands for telecoil and with it comes the difference that the telecoil version does not have a ‘life’ variant.

After receiving one for testing I found that it also had the two copper points at the bottom for charging. So is it not charged wirelessly such as the L90R’s?
It uses the Phonak Charger Ease:

It automatic programming OS is Autosense OS 5.

I remember that the Audeo Direct B90’s having a next generation chip compared to the normal Audeo B90’s. So now I am starting to wonder whether the L90RT might be just a reprogrammed P90RT. So what could the relevant new programming be? Does the P90RT have Autosense OS 5?

I don’t think there’s any concern. Although I didn’t see mention of Audiosense 5.0 in this info, it does suggest that all 3 versions of Phonak L share the same features. https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/celum/75097/PH_ProductInformation_Audeo-L_210x280_EN_027-0667-02.pdf

The Paradise models are all with Autosense OS 4.

1 Like

Yep, nothing much to tell them apart, OS4 to OS5, it’s been posted about a few times now.

Yeah the SWORD radio chip came with the Direct, also with Palio3 in Belong, Paradise came with prism, Palio2 was the much older Chip used in Quest platform.

My understanding is that the R and RT are identical except that the RT has a telecoil, is slightly longer than the R to accommodate the telecoil, and does not have the R’s tap control functionality to start/stop streaming and calls. The L (Life) version is larger than either of them to accommodate the waterproofing, and does not have tap control or a telecoil. The R and RT both use the Ease case, while the L uses a different case because it has no exposed contact points due to waterproofing.

I looked into this recently and decided on the R because I wanted the tap control and was concerned about the size. But now I think the size is a non-issue - I’m new to HAs and didn’t really understand how tiny these things are until I had a pair in my hand. A few extra millimeters would not matter here. And the tap control, while sometimes convenient, is overrated IMHO. I have it on the least sensitive setting, and it still sometimes gets set off by accident when I brush my hair back or adjust my sunglasses. That’s mildly annoying for streaming music, but is a bigger problem when it ends a call. To use it on purpose with that setting, I have to basically hit myself in the side of the head, which probably looks rather odd. If you don’t have long hair or glasses, and don’t often wear a mask or sunglasses, it might work better for you.

1 Like