Phonak Lumity L90 and opening iPhone apps

I’ve been testing Phonak Lumity L90 hearing aids and am wondering if anyone has experienced weird behaviour when opening apps on iPhone when connected to it via Bluetooth.
I’m not sure how to explain it, but when I open an app (say, a game that has sound even when disabled), the HAs do some odd flip and sound very staticky, like a humming sound, for a few seconds, then stop.
I read in an review that they turn off all processing? Not sure.
I’m new to HA and I find this very annoying – is this what I should expect?

Thanks!

That might be the sound of the hearing aids switching BT mode and then back to autosense? just a guess .

Drove me crazy! Very unpleasant. Switching to Oticon Real as a result.
Big John

I’ve been wearing Phonak Lumity L90’s for 8 months and I’ve never experienced anything like this. Go back to the audiologist and get it checked out.

Jordan

1 Like

Hi @Fauve. I agree with @JordanK. I use Lumity 90s and switch between many kinds of devices. I have never experienced this problem. It is possible that yours are defective and should be covered by warranty.

Thank you all for your feedback: I’m currently waiting for a pair of Phonak Slim HAs so once those come in, I’ll make sure to see if I still experience the same since it’s still Lumity platform.

I’ve never had that happen, either. I have Lumity 90s. I did have a glitchy receiver and it’s been replaced with no further problems. Good luck!