Phonak Lumity -- Hard reboot

Yesterday morning one Phonak Lumity 70 (approx 15 months old) was totally unresponsive after after removing from charger and being fine the previous day.

Cleaned contacts and charger case but no improvement, tested each aid in the alternative charge slot and confirmed aid was inert.

Visited audi this morning and they managed to reboot the aid by holding the start/stop button for “more than 30 seconds”. Audi said that the problem happened occasionally and they knew of no specific reason for the cause, just that it did happen.

I had phoned earlier explaining the situation but they had not suggested the solution over the phon.

Euan

Could your aids be due for a firmware update? I ask cuz 15 mos is a long time for rechargeables to go without some kind of firmware update. With my Phonak aids, I’ve had issues where they just reboot out of the blue all on their own. Well, actually, the aids seem “smart” enough to only do that when I’m in the middle of a critical conversation and then … POOF! Can’t hear a dang thing for about 40 seconds while the aids (smarter than me) go through a slow and thorough and utterly random reboot.

Long story short: ask your audi if they are due for firmware update. Glad you got them to work again!

1Bluejay.
Thanks for the thought but I am on 1.0.9.0 which I understand is the latest version.
Regards
Euan