Phonak Lumity does not connect to myPhonak App

I received my new Phonak Lumity Life aids last week. They seemed to connect with the myPhonak app fine and show up in the Devices tab. My Android A53 phone shows “myPhonak is using your Bluetooth connection”. Streaming with Spotiy and phone calls work fine. However when I start the app again it will not connect with my aids, even though the phone still shows the connection. It seems either the app connects with the aids and no streaming or phone calls, or streaming and calls and no connection with the aids when I start the app. Any suggestions on what to try. I have tried all on the Phonak website with no luck.
Thanks,
Den

The app connects through two LE connections LE_R-Phonak and LE_L-Phonak. These don’t show as connected on my A52 (i.e. Turn Blue, as they are automatic connections created by the app). The streaming/phone Bluetooth connections shows up as a separate connection which is usually L or R-Phonak, but only one or the other depending on how the hearing aids were programed. This one shows up as blue in the connections page of my A52 when connected. So, I am not sure whether you have a connection issue or are just not sure what to look for (like I was for a few weeks)

On the phone display for Bluetooth I show R-Phonak hearing aid. When I log in on the phone I see :Connection Management. myPhonak is using your Bluetooth connection. When I try streaming or a phone call I hear fine. When I open myApp and attempt to connect, I get a L Connecting and a R Connectintg at the top followed shortly by a red bar that says: Connection to your hearing aids failed. Learn More. Going to the Learn More it suggested turning off bluetooth, deleting the myPhonak app, unapairng any aid that shows in the Bluetooth detailed display and starting all over. Which I have done twice. Still get the same results. Last week with my older Phonak aids everything worked fine.

Ok, you have an issue. when I can not pair the app, I have found that restarting the phone usually works.

I’ve tried restarting the phone, deleting the app, unconnecting the aids and repairing them and nothing seems to work. When I initially pair the aids they show up on the app and are paired and connected. I can then control them via the app. However, once I close the app and repopen it, the devices show up as paired but no longer connect. I may have to call Phonak.

Try removing the R-Phonak bluetooth device, on your phone and just go through the Phonak app to pair. You should then see, on your phone bluetooth device list, one R-Phonak device, and two LE_ devices. Dont delete the LE_ devices, but also, dont try to connect to them.

Did you try selecting stay connected in the app?

I had tried that. Where I am now is that if I remove the hearing aids from myPhonak app, delete the app and reload it I can find the hearing aids when I go to pairing. Once they are paired with the app, the app works fine, If I never close the app on the phone, the connection remains. However, if I close the app, or restart the phone, the next time the app is started it shows the hearing aids paired, but they willl not longer connect.

I have a different configuration, but am encountering the same issue. My phone is an iPhone and my HAs are Phonak Paradise Audeo P90-RT.

I’m interested in the Phonak Lumity, but it is disheartening that folks are encountering the same issues that I’m with my Paradise HAs. Through research, I found that Phonaks have better Bluetooth features than most other HAs. HA manufacturers create a bunch of new features (or renamed features), but do NOT fix basic, required features (required by some users).

I’ve heard a rumor that Phonak will be introducing new HA’s in 4-6 months. That is a RUMOR not fact. I’d love to hear confirmation.

Good luck in fixing this.

Best,

Dan.

1 Like

I have no information, but it is interesting to note that Phonak has introduced a new Audeo model every two years at least since 2014 (didn’t check before that). The Lumity was introduced in 2022 so if the pattern holds we should see a new Audeo sometime this year.

1 Like

I am out of ideas. If you want to take a long shot, you could download the Amplifon app from the app store and see if it does the same thing. That app works with my P90 and has most of the functionally of the myPhonak app, it just looks different. If that app does the same thing it might be a phone issue.

1 Like