Phonak Lumity disconnects from App

I have a pair of Phonak Lumity 90 aids connected to the MyPhonak App on an android phone. It seems as if everytime I leave the app or the phone goes to sleep, the aids disconnect and when I open the app they go through a reconnection again which usually results in my getting a message through the aids. Is this normal or shouldn’t the aids stay connected to the app?

Looking forward to the responses here.

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s and I use the App.

My experience:

• my iPhone does not stay connected to the App.
  • I get to reconnect and that takes time.

I have a remote control for my hearing aids. I can change programs instantly with that. However, I don’t know what program I started with, nor do I know what program I end up in. I used the remote control for a while…don’t now.

DaveL
Toronto

I am in a trial with Unitron hearing aids which basically uses the same app. My aids need to reconnect everytime I open the app.

1 Like

It’s normal for the aids to disconnect from the app. Yes it’s a nuisance to reconnect each time. However, if it stayed connected to the app then it would use more HA battery than you would like, I suspect.

5 Likes

Also android application control may be an issue. My samsung phone kills applications according to priority settings