Phonak Lumity Bluetooth Issue

I noticed that the new Lumity 70 HA would switch to Bluetooth automatically when I use my camera. It never happened with my old Marvel HA. It’s very noisy when I used my phone camera to take a photo, so I opened the App and confirmed it’s in Bluetooth mode. It happened almost every time recently. It would then change back to Automatic mode. If I don’t open the App, it will keep at Bluetooth. Is this common for Lumity or is the HA defective? I am still trying my HA, shall I ask for a replacement?

Is your phone’s camera app playing a camera shutter sound when you take a photo? It may be activating the Bluetooth headset profile to do so, and sending that sound to your HAs.

1 Like

Yes, I can hear shutter sound when taking a photo. How to turn this feature off? It’s very annoying and loud when the phone automatically charges to Bluetooth when I turn on camera. Thanks.

In Android: Settings → Camera Settings → Shutter Sound → set to OFF

You may have a simple magnifying glass to SEARCH for the term “Shutter sound” and that should take you to the list of options.

1 Like

Unfortunately iPhone doesn’t have this function, unless it’s changed to silent while means I won’t be able to hear the phone ringing. Just checked online and it’s said that turning Live Photo on will turn off the sound. I will give it a try. Thanks.

Great! Glad you found that out. I guess I assumed you were in MY camp: Android.
:wink:

I think you can also independently reduce the shutter volume:

Change the volume of the shutter sound in Photo mode

1. In Camera, switch to Photo mode.
  2. Open Control Center, then drag the volume slider up or down.
  3. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to go back to Camera.
    Note: The shutter doesn’t make a sound when Live Photos the Live Photo button is turned on (except in some countries and regions).
1 Like

I think so, but I am afraid that reducing shutter volume will reduce my phone ring volume as well.