Phonak Lumity Best Settings for Streaming Music?

My wife just purchased some SoundCore ear buds and I tried them on some music. I was surprised to hear how much richer the base is on her devices. I covered my aids with my fingers to make sure no sound was “escaping” and it made no difference as far as the bass quality was concerned. So my question is: Using the myPhonak app, what would you suggest for some better quality music listening using YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.? Thanks much.

2 Likes

This helped my streaming tremendously. Phonak ActiveVent™ Receiver Candidacy checklist

WH

3 Likes

Thank you. I had never heard of ActiveVent. I’m mandated by my insurance to only go to HearUSA and while they do provide Phonak, they’re not especially well-versed in fitting them, or knowlegable about things like ActiveVent. But I’ll ask them about it.
I’m still looking for some help in setting up a custom program for music within the myPhonak App. Anyone? Thanks.

1 Like

You can have your audiologist raise the bass in the music program. The Lumity has all the bass you could ever want. If you are not getting it, it is an adjustment issue, or a fit issue.

2 Likes

Fìrst of all depending on your hearing profile there may be no amplification of the low frequencies when streaming. This mode may benefit from a custom profile. Hearing Aids generally don’t generate any sound below 100Hz because of their small size. Finally open receivers adversely affects the low frequencies (just pull out normal earbuds even just a bit to hear how bad it gets!). So if you favor pop/rock music with heavy thumps you may be better off with good earbuds and adaptive amplification of the affected higher frequencies.

1 Like