Phonak Lumity Battery

I’ve had my new Phonak Lumity 90 rechargeable aids for a little less than a week now, and everything seemed normal. But last night, the right aid was down to 15% charge remaining after only about 14 hours of use. The right aid seems to be using considerably more battery than the left which still had about 45% remaining. I’m going to keep an eye on the battery level, but was wondering if this was something I should be concerned about given that I was told the battery life could be as long as 24 hours (depending on use). I wasn’t streaming very much.

That’s normal as the right HA is the master HA so has the Bluetooth activated.

You’ll find that if you put the HA in flight mode, the right HA will be the same as the left.

I don’t know what your audiogram is but if your right ear is worse, get the audiologist to swop the master HA to left to even out battery life.

Many times that is the case but some people have the left HA as master.

@prodigyplace

Default sets it to right unless it’s actually manually changed by audiologist anyway.

1 Like

Try to turn off Bluetooth on devices when you are not using them. When you walk away from a connected device and leave Bluetooth on, the master hearing aids keeps trying to connect and I have noticed this chews power.

Jordan

6 Likes

It might also depend on your audiogram since the more complex the program, the higher is the battery consumption in my experience. Noise-reducing modes use more juice than the calm mode.

2 Likes

Good possibility. I have the aids connected to my phone and to my Kindle Fire tablet. I will try turning off the connection to the tablet when I’m not using it. I assume I have to stay connected to the phone for purposes of taking calls and accessing the app. I have a Roku device that I think only connects when I manually tell it to in the Roku app, but not sure about that.

If it’s happening with your Kindle Fire then it sounds very likely that this is an issue with Android and your hearing aids.
You could try running a system update on your Kindle which could possibly fix the issue but your best bet is to disable Bluetooth on the Kindle when you aren’t using it.

This issue of unbalanced power drain has been fixed in Android 13 but I’m unsure when or if that is ever reaching Kindle Fire devices.

Do you know which version of FireOS your Kindle Fire is running?

1 Like

I do think it may be the Kindle that’s causing the drain. My fire HD is Fire OS 7.3.2.7. I think that equates to Android version 9.0 so that might be the problem. Love the Kindle, but hate that it’s not more compatible with current Android versions.

Brand new pair of Lumity Slims 90.

Phone is IPhone running IOS 16.4.1(a). Getting significant drain on right even when not streaming at all.

Thoughts? Fixes? (Obviously can’t leave phone turned off).