Phonak Lumity 50 vs Oticon Zircon

My teen son is getting assistance purchasing hearing aids through a local organization. They are offering the Phonak Lumity 50 or the Opticon Zircon as options. He has mild to moderate hearing loss. Could anyone recommend one over the other…or do I need to spend additional money to upgrade to a Lumity 70 or other model? I don’t know enough about this space and my Google search didn’t help me make a decision. Thank you!

Is it Zircon 1 or 2. Zircon 1, es way better.

Welcome to the forum, it requires a trial of each for your son to make the decision on which he prefers, no one can possibly tell you/him which is “better” there’s a lot at play when we talk about brands and features, both those you have mentioned are from the big 5 manufacturers, most people prefer premium if they have an active lifestyle, I’d be inclined to say most teenages fit that description,but with only mild to moderate hearing loss maybe the lower tier quality would be fine, again a trial would be required to know for sure.

1 Like

@RF1

Here’s the differences between the Lumity L30-L90. The L50s will be the “Standard” range, which in my opinion will be just fine. Most of the settings can be customised, and added as additional programs anyway.
Peter