Phonak L90 w/TV Connector Cuts Out bco Phone Activity?

The TV connector binds to phone a-ok and the audio is great but…

Every time I do certain things on the phone - like turning the screen off/on, switching between apps, and so-forth - the streamed audio cuts out for exactly four seconds. It always comes back, but this is a significant nuisance for somebody doing stuff on their phone while listening to TV.

Seems counter-intuitive since it would seem that the connection is directly between the TV Connector and the L90’s and streaming works fine with the phone totally powered off.

So my first guess is that the Phonak app is stepping on something each time the phone changes state.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Can anybody shed some light?

This isn’t the app, it is streaming notifications to your hearing aid that normally play out the phone’s speakers when these actions take place. I recommend turning off the audio component of the notifications. I leave on the calling apps, because I really do want to hear when the phone rings for a call. But notifications for texts and every key click when you type is ridiculous.

WH

5 Likes

I confirm what @WhiteHat said. Turn off system sounds (depending on phone simply by reducing volume slider or by a dedicated switch). This will result in uninterrupted TV Connector Stream.

2 Likes

Thanks for jumping in, Michael!

I have to wonder if this won’t still switch programs with nothing to hear. I know we’ve discussed the issue of the web pages with muted audio in video clips in the page. Usually advertising, but that’s an aside. There’s nothing to hear, but it switches program to BT.

Best bet is to shut off the audio on the notification to prevent a program switch.

WH

I seem to have solved both of my problems.

First: just turn off my phone’ BlueTooth when watching TV. With BlueTooth off, none of the phone sounds get sent to the L90’s to step on the streamed audio.

Secind; instead to connecting the device to the TV’s Optical, connect it to the TV’s “Earphones” via a 3.5mm analog audio cable. This gives total control over the audio via the TV’s remote - including Volume and Mute.

1 Like