Phonak L90 & Oticon Real 1 trial

Upgrading from some older (8 years?)Oticon Alta Pros… Quite a journey. First… pricing. I ended up with TruHearing (thanks to good advice here) and saved 4k and have a fine audiologist in that system. First we tried Oticon Real 1. I actually had a lot of difficulty with these. Sound was good, but speech recognition okay but not stellar, tinitus unresolved, and BT annoyingly complex and unconvincing with music. Though I like batteries, they died very fast w this pair, likely since I had started using the Bluetooth option, mostly just for media alerts, not so much to stream calls. Short battery life was super annoying since they often died while I was out and about and my old aids lasted 10-11 days so it wasn’t much of an issue before. RayOvac 312 Extra help. Very good batteries. But … Because of this and a couple other issues we decided to try Lumity L90s. These are rechargeable (only option). Honestly haven’t switched back to Oticon during this trial since they immediately seemed superior in all sound environments for my hearing profile. My high end hearing loss is much improved with these. My tinitus basically vanished and the BT streaming is terrific, as so many folks here say. One view. One experience. Posting since these were my questions at the outset and I hope this might help others who are finding their way through these weeds. Oticon is a great device. But I’m sticking with Phonak on this go-round.

2 Likes

That’s why trials are important to help us get the best for us. I was wearing Oticon OPNs1. Trialed Signia Pure Charge&G0 AX, then Oticon REAL, Have had Unitron Moxi B-R for about 3 weeks and will start Moxi V-R in a couple of days. Things change so you need to get what works best for you.