Phonak iPhone streaming problem

I have some new Phonaks and I would like some help in setting up streaming from my iPhone to the HAs. The HAs are paired with the iPhone and shown as connected, and I am able to use the app to adjust them, but nothing I play on the iPhone streams to them. The instructions in the app on setting up streaming are downright unhelpful - they say go to the iPhone bluetooth settings and ‘select’ the HAs. But as far as I can see the only thing that happens when you tap on them is that you get the opportunity to forget them - no mention of streaming at all. I’m probably missing something obvious. Any ideas?

Do you have three connections? You should have an LE connection for each aid, and another regular (not LE) aid for the pair, mediated by one of the aids, usually the right one, although it can be moved to the other aid in target.

Mine is on the left, so I have in bluetooth settings:
L-Phonak hearing aid
LE_L-Phonak hea…
LE_R-Phonak heain…

The non-LE one is the one used for streaming. The LE ones are for your app to change settings.

WH

2 Likes

Ah, thank you! That shows me what was wrong: R-Phonak (in my case) didn’t appear in the blueooth settings. I re-paired (for the third time) and finally it appeared. I am now streaming. I have no idea why this happened, but it’s OK now. Thanks again.

2 Likes