Phonak introduces Marvel platform and Audéo M hearing aids

Hmm, have to disagree. There’s likely other smaller, unspecified updates that help the Marvel function better.

I agree. I took the firmware update (simple process).

I also plan to take the update today. Does anyone see/hear anything different after updating? Better? Worse?

I’m not much of a DIY guy. Would that require a trip to my audiologist? No issues, maybe preventive.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with the Target SW and from what I’ve seen, frequency compression (SoundRecover2 in Phonak terminology) is applied across all the automatic programs equally, including the music program. You cannot switch it off for one program only.

However, you can add a manual music program and turn it off there.

1 Like

SoundRecover2 compresses frequency, but this is totally different from compression due to loudness/gain – closely related in terminology but very different.

1 Like

It is not likely Sound Recover is turned on right at first, for a new user (might increase return risk), but possible and something to verify.

Phonak says Sound Recover improves music. I don’t see how that is possible but I have it going to an extreme level and music sounds great.

2 Likes

My experience with the firmware update, beside having the iPhone XS issue resolved, is that my M90’s connect to the app much faster.

1 Like

I was wondering. Since I’ve only had the M90s with the latest firmware update, I’ve only experienced a rather quick connect to app - a few seconds usually and it is on.

1 Like

Kate and I got our M90-R updates Friday afternoon at our audiology appointment and there’s no question about what the update does for the Remote App. I don’t know about the Apple app, but the Android Remote App is significantly faster to connect. The speed increase is not subtle.

1 Like

For the record, bluetooth streaming to the Galaxy s8 is poor. Appears to be an s8 problem, unfortunately.

I just tried one of those a couple of days ago. Bluetooth pairing process itself seemed kinda complicated. Tried an ASUS Zenpad the same day. It was much smoother with that one.

Why is it complicated? Trying to understand the issues others are having. For me, it’s straightforward every time and takes less than a minute.

I suppose it’s that a lot of folks my age are technically challenged. I too think it’s straight forward and have no problem with the pairing process changing to my computer and back again.

It might just be unfamiliar software. Once I figured out how to do it it worked great. But it was the first time using that tablet. The Zenpad works more like my LG phone, so it seemed more familiar.

Yeah, I can snap the battery door open and closed handily while it’s still on my ear and re-pair very quickly, but that’s probably not going to work for many people.

1 Like

Really?! Wow. That’s some dexterity. My KS7’s swing downwards towards my ear. I’d have to lift them somewhat and then try to reach around fiddling with two hands.

I had to actually pop it in to think about how I do it. I grasp the upper body of the hearing aid with my middle finger and thumb (thumb underneath), which does lift it off my ear, and then snap down the door with my pointer nail. It’s a tight door compared to some. I think the KS8s battery doors are closer to the oticons (I don’t have a signia handy), which I have to press against my head with my pointer and middle and then flip the battery door with my thumb.

I have KS7s and I can do it similar to what you do with Phonak. I think hardest part is visualizing what you’re touching.

this is exactly how I do it!