Phonak Infinio Sphere 90 review

Your audiogram is different from mine, but I would like to know how you feel in the cinema compared to before. If you have the opportunity to try it in this situation, it would be interesting to know if you understand the dialogues better, if the directionality is good, if the surround effect is felt, etc. etc.

1 Like

Not surprised the Bluetooth works better. The Sphere’s have Bluetooth 5.3 which is more energy efficient, 4x faster and has a much higher range.

Great comments here. Looking forward to more people posting real life observations.

Jordan

5 Likes

Cliff was basing that on the estimated battery life remaining prediction within the app.
Perhaps their battery life prediction algorithms aren’t perfectly tuned just yet?

@pproducts compares conservative app prediction vs. apparent much better real-life experience.

1 Like

@pproducts
Hi Greg,

This sounds very encouraging for the future, although I’m not sure which comparisons are really about the Sphere, or just that you have stereo hearing again. Either way, I’m pretty sure Sphere will work better with two aids, rather than one.

I agree that Roger devices are crying out for this chip. They could make a huge amount of money out of it. Regarding phone calls, my Marvels and Paradise aids all get the same complaint (from my wife) of very loud background noise. I shall have a fiddle in the Target software to see if I can get a better balance, so she can hear me, and not everything around me too.

Peter

1 Like

If you have an iPhone, selecting this feature (voice isolation) which you can only turn on when on a call, really helps. Still not perfect but it helps.

Also I push my right hearing aid forward so the Mic is closer to my mouth, a bit.

Hope this picture helps.

Not sure how that would work with the tiny Audeo tho as I have the Naida.

2 Likes

@Zebras
I’m on Android, but they may have something similar, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

How do you get that menu on the iPhone?
I guess it only works with MFI HAs and not Phonak?

Thanks!

2 Likes

@DamonHill

I have Phonak Naida P70 UP. When on a call, it’s either swipe up or swipe from right top corner, depending on what iPhone you have.

It’ll show Mic Standard so just click that.

This feature is available to my Dad without hearing aids as well so it’s not a hearing aid thing but a feature.

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s something that was introduced in the newest versions of iOS… I have an iPhone with iOS 15 (second last version) and that microphone modes don’t show up…

@DamonHill

Yes it properly did come with either iOS 16 or 17.

That’s a shame iOS 15 doesn’t have it.

1 Like

@Zebras You probably have just explained why I have NEVER had problems with noisy places during calls with my Paradise. I could call even inside a moving tram or while flushing the toilet or running tap water…

By the way, on the video is showed potential of Samsung Galaxy AI.

EDIT:
This option appears only when you temporarily disable the Bluetooth connection (I can do that during a call and re-enable it a second later).

4 Likes

@Bimodal_user

That’s cool, wonder if this would help @PeterH with his Android?

1 Like

I’ll try it in 45 minutes, when my wife rings :slight_smile: . Although it’s her that hears the noise, not me.

1 Like

Thank you! I shall check this out.

DaveL

Same with my situation and a lot of others.

2 Likes

I’ll also look in the options in the App when she calls

1 Like

The sphere program is actually not an ear to ear program, unlike previous beam forming strategies, so a nice option for unilateral or CROS fits.

4 Likes

Right, I’m pretty sure I heard one of the Phonak folk say it only needs one microphone.

WH

1 Like

Exactly. I considered buying Oticon Intent despite having had Phonak hearing aids since ~2013, but its features are mainly bilateral… So the Phonak Sphere, which also (and only) works unilaterally, is a bit of a godsend for me. :sweat_smile:

Regretting not having Advanced Bionics CI for future updates. However, in 2013, when I had the implantation, no one knew what would be in the future.

Yeah, that was said in the dr Cliff’s video about his experience at the Phonak event in The Sphere building.

However, I’m curious: does 2-microphone technology improve AI processing, e.g., by making sound easier to filter or process and therefore requiring less energy?

2 Likes