Phonak Infinio Sphere 90- Amplifon/Insurance coverage?

Hi. I have Cigna insurance and have to use Amplifon in order to get any hearing aid coverage. I am eligible for new hearing aids so I want to order the Phonak Infinio Sphere but my Audi said Amplifon has not included them for coverage and I called Amplifon to confirm. The Rep said they have received many calls asking about them and they had a meeting where they were told they are not on their approved list.

I understand they just became available but since they cover most of the other Phonak hearing aids, would anyone have any idea if they think they will be included through Amplifon this year or is it normally a lengthy process to approve a hearing aid for coverage? Thanks.

I had the exact same experience with Amplifon when I decided that the new Phonak Slims were going to be my next HAs. I got the same response and had to wait for a year for Amplifon to get enough feedback requests to even consider offering them.

Bottom line, I wound up avoiding Amplifon altogether (my previous post below). Maybe you could try this approach with your own audi!