Phonak iCom bluetooth to landline

Read all of this thread. I got my at&t TL92420 (from Costco) working, after some advice from this tread. If problems had continued I would have returned it and tried Panasonic or Vtech. I think all phones have volume control.
The DuoPhone program (phonak Ambras) is fine for most situations. The best thing about the iCom/at&t bluetooth landline was when I was lying on the couch with the flu and I didn’t have to get up and struggle to the phone for an incoming call. I just pressed the iCom button and told that telemarketer never to call my number again! Almost worth the price…haha.

As long as you are close to the base, iCom works great with landline phones. I’ve got at&t model as well.

My only complaint…it is far too easy to walk away from base with handset (or answer distant handset) and think the bluetooth will work! I wish they had put the bluetooth receivers in the handset instead of the base! It is very nice to be able to have hands free on the land line though.

I picked up my new Solana aids and the Icom today. The Icom worked well with a Vtech LS5146 Bluetooth enabled cordless phone (around $35 on Ebay) to make and receive landline calls. However the connection breaks up if I leave the room. My question: is it possible to have several LS5146 base units around the house, all connected to the same phone line ? would the Icom be handed off as I moved from room to room ? Anyone explored this idea?

Dick in Norfolk

I’m not sure, but it does not sound likely. Mainly because the iCom is paired to the base unit, which is a physical device with a hardware address. Each base unit would have it’s own MAC or hardware address. Also, that base unit is the active one when you answer a call on it. All of the satellite units are linked to that physical base unit. I doubt the satellite units would link to more than one base … or you might be answering your neighbors phone calls if he had the same system. Doesn’t sound like a likely solution at all, but that is just a guess based on my technical experience.

OK, I see your point. But, maybe if you had several base units all paired with the Icom, then even though you couldn’t move around, you could still always be in range of one to answer a call (& stick with that one for the duration of the call.) thoughts?

I am going to buy a Cordless Indoor Bluetooth telephone and I am currently spotting on vtech DS6321 and LS5145. Can anyone give some comments or advices about using it with the Phonak iCom?

Important to note:

• If the iCom is paired with the phone base your usable range is typically about 3 meters from the phone's location,
  • If the iCom is paired with the handset of a cordless phone the usable range is at least 10 times more !!
see my post *[here](http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showpost.php?p=39896&postcount=1)*

Such scheme is impossible !

1. Bluetooth isn't TCP/IP and
  2. the iCom isn't what you'd expect from world leader PHONAK
LIMIT: 2 phone devices, provided :
  1. your audi upgraded their iPFG and
  2. installed the latest firmware on your iCom (read this post *[here](http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showpost.php?p=47410&postcount=1)*).

The Calisto is the only cordless phone I’ve found that is bluetooth from the handset, and not the base.

I have the Panasonic model from Costco and it works fine, just not a great range from the base, with my Resound Phone Clip.

I use this AT&T phone with my iCom. Works great…

http://telephones.att.com/att/index.cfm/product-detail/?event=ehCatalog.productDetail&ProductID=378

Jordan