Phonak ComPilot II w/ Amazon Echo (Alexa)

I have the Amazon Echo (Alexa) device that is capable of pairing with external Bluetooth Audio devices. I can pair/connect the Amazon Echo device with my Phonak ComPilot II device via the Online “Alexa” app. It shows that the Phonak Compilot is connected. No issues with connecting.

My issue is with the audio stream from the Amazon Echo device is “choppy”. The choppy playback is very consistent in that it is a constant stutter of the audio stream. It is not like issues I have had when the signal is weak or objects are in the way - that is more of a “break-up” of the sound where the audio break is of multiple durations. This is a very consistent chop of about .5 seconds of audio at a time. I am well within the range of the device (less than two feet). This same Amazon Echo device connects to external Bluetooth speakers flawlessly.

My Compilot connects with two different phones, an Apple iPad, and a Bluetooth streamer plugged into a Desktop computer without any issues. This happens on three different Amazon Echo devices I have tried so far.

I get the feeling that there is a Bluetooth version compatibility issue going on in which the Compilot II does not support some variation of Bluetooth transmission, I know that Bluetooth can bond or connect in various streaming modes such as “media audio” or “Call Audio”.

1 - Has anybody else been successful in connecting to an Amazon Echo device and hearing a coherent audio stream?

2 - Is there any information about the ComPilot II’s Bluetooth implementation beyond the statement that it supports Bluetooth in the owners manual?

I have the same problem with an Amazon Fire HD 8.

Did you ever find a solution?

Never resolved the issue with the Amazon Echo/Alexa device. I do not have a Fire HD 8 (or any Fire Tablet), however, I have gotten it to work w/o any issues on iPads and Android tablets. The Fire Table is essentially an Android type of tablet so I would think you have a better shot at having better Bluetooth functionality. Make sure your Phonak Compilot is in Bluetooth “discovery” mode and you tell your tablet to scan for new devices. Even with the Echo, I was able to get it to connect, but the sound would be choppy i.e. useless.