Phonak Compilot II issue with driving directions

I have found that when my phone is connected via bluetooth to my Compilot II, and I’m using Google Maps with spoken driving directions, I never hear the first one or two seconds of the message. It seems like the phone starts sending the message, but the sound slowly fades in on my hearing aids. The message from the phone might be “in a quarter mile, turn right onto main street”, but what I hear is “ile, turn right onto main street”. How do we get the sound to start transmitting to the HAs right from the very beginning? I don’t think it is the phone – I’ve tried different phones and they all do the same thing.

1 Like

I have found that same issue directly streaming my iphone to my Linx3D when using Google Maps, Wayz, or Maps. I miss the first word or two of the directions.

In Google Maps, go to Navigation settings and select Play as Bluetooth phone call. That should help reduce the delay. You can also try the CoPilot GPS app. It keeps a continual connection between the phone and streamer (or MFi hearing aid) so there’s no need to reestablish the link each time a command is announced.

Thanks, Rasmus, but unfortunately there is no “Play as Bluetooth phone call” setting in Google Maps (on my phone). I understand that Google keeps messing with their settings, and sometimes it is related to the version of Maps that I have installed, and sometimes related to the version of Android that is being used.

I will investigate the CoPilot app.

That may have to do with the O/S version on your phone. Vendors also customize features based on the hardware they provide.

i have the signia hearing aid and it has the same problem.