Phonak compilot ii connection

Hello, last week I bought my compilot ii with tvlink and had issues with sound drop-outs but seemed to fix the problem with changing settings on my TV thanks to help from the forum but now I’m starting with issues again but I’m wondering if it is now with the power in my hearing aid batteries getting lower and want to know if this is a normal thing.
The reason I’m thinking it may be a battery issue is because if I touch the neck loop cable to my hearing aids the sound works ok, let it drop back around my neck and sound starts to dropping again and sometimes get repeated jingle in my hearing aids like it’s trying to reconnect but thing is if it is a battery issue and need to change them it’s a waste really because they work ok for normal use but not for compilot ii use.
Is this a normal issue or should everything connect as long as the the batteries have power?

Also tried direct connection with 3.5mm jack and not using the tvlink and this issue is same

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t know how to solve your problem but I’ve never had the issue you’re describing. My battery lasts right to the end and my ComPilot still works.

1 Like

hi Dareen,

No. This is not normal, and I don’t think it’s anything to do with the battery. Your hearing aids and compilot would both tell you if your battery is low.

I think you need to go back to your audiologist and explain the problem. I am not sure what the audiologist would do, but if the Compilot II is under warranty I would ask for a replacement. I recently had a breakdown of my Compilot II and had to get a new one, as it ceased transmitting bluetooth.

At the very least, I would ask that the Compilot II is reset to factory settings and paired again with your hearing aids. If that does not work, then demand a replacement. If you then have a problem with a new Compilot II, then the aids will need to be investigated. Again, check the warranty on the aids.

There is no magic solution - I think it’s a case of isolating the problem first.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I have tried deleting to paired devices and re-pairing but issue remains.
I’ll make an appointment

1 Like

It’s the loop. Easy to replace. The loop is the weakest part of the compilot–relatively easy to damage.

1 Like

@darren.frodsham69
Or the loop is not plugged in thoroughly enough. This is the simplest testcase: remove the loop on both sides of your ComPilot and plug it in again.
When attaching ComPilot around your neck then do not always unplug and plug the loop from and into ComPilot. Instead move your head through the loop.

3 Likes

I agree, sounds like a bad loop or not plugged in all the way.

It should be a rock solid connection no matter how you have it around your neck.

With mine, communication still works until the batteries completely die, well past the low battery warning.

1 Like

Thanks for replies, If it is a issue with the neck loop maybe it is faulty because I’ve not been unplugging and re-plugging and it won’t push in any further than it already is

If the problem continues I would replace it to definitely rule it out as cause.

1 Like

@darren.frodsham69 Thanks for this thread. I had a frustrating hour watching TV, while voices were distorted and HA’s kept momentarily disconnecting from the TV sound. Since I got them, there is a slight bend it the neck loop so it seems the obvious culprit. Because a new neck loop cost 25€ and I think it is no more than a glorified, rubberized wire, I tried cleaning the contacts first: Succes!

I disconnected the neck wire, sprayed WD-40 in the holes of the neck loop connectors not of the ComPilot connectors, Wiped off the excess WD-40, swung them around so that no excessive fluid could remain in the holes and reconnected. (Don’t put the WD-40 into the ComPilot. It shouldn’t hurt, but it won’t help either.) It works without a hitch. I can swing the ComPilot from left to right without any sound degradation.

3 Likes

I find the sound gradually fades away until there is silence so I have to press the big button again to hear a lady tell me. TV link!
Annoying though I

1 Like

I have an appointment today with the audiologist as I had issues from the day I bought them and they cost £305 so I don’t really want to be messing about trying to get them to work when they are new and should be ok, I’ll see what happens

You may have a bad cable.pull the cable from the compilot ( all 4 connections) and put them back in.

@demarzob Could you explain what you mean by “all 4 connections”.

Sorry I was thinking about our programmers. pull the loop (usually around your neck) out from the actual compilot and reinstall them hopefully that works.

Update:
They sent the compilot away to be checked and when it came back the paperwork said software/patch applied and replaced part but the part wasn’t named which when I asked what the unnamed part was they said they didn’t know as they too can only go off what the paperwork that came back said, so think it could have been the cable.
Anyway seems to be working for now :+1:

2 Likes