Phonak compilot ii problem

phonak compilot ii why two hearing aids are disconnected and buggy, the music disappears, if one hearing instrument works clearly and is not buggy.

Should be a strong connection for both hearing aids. Probably need to send for repair.

It seems that this problem is also discussed in this thread. Suggestions are that it could be the neck loop. Either replace it or clean the connectors. I did it with WD-40 in the holes of the neck loop—not the ComPilot.

Can’t help wondering what the shoes are at the bottom of the HA’s. Could they be Roger receivers? Could it be that they are also trying to get their sound stream amplified?

1 Like

I noticed the boots also. Whatever they are, not needed to connect to the Compilot 2.

I have one boot which is inserted in the ComPilot and it works great, also cheaper then having two.

True, I am using a Roger X(03) with ComPilot II, too. However, in Holland, the insurance pays for the boots if you got a prescription from the audiologist. So it would link the Roger Pen directly to your aids. When I am going to need the Pen for most conversations–pray it won’t be for quite a while–it could be nice not to need an extra gadget. I got Bolero B90 SP’s, so already quite large. Don’t know whether extra boot would matter or whether it would make them too large. Haven’t filled the prescription for now, since I hardly ever use the Roger Pens with these aids. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumping up an old thread.

I spent hours trying to find out how to connect a Roger Pen to the Roger X to the Compilot II.
I believe that I found the answer on a Phonak document on the VA site. (page 3)

I’m hoping that the Roger Pen and Roger microphone are synonymous in instructions as I’m waiting for my ebay purchases to arrive.

1 Like

@HalfEar

Yes it just simply plugs into the bottom of your ComPilot.

1 Like

Lol
I kinda figured that one out on my own.
It was the description of the flashing lights that caught my attention.

@HalfEar

You will need the add a Roger program to your Aids.

Even if I am running things through the ComPilot II @Zebras ?

I thought that since the ComPilot II was already programmed to the aids, adding the Roger Pen and Roger X would similar to connecting a different Bluetooth device to the ComPilot.

@HalfEar

There’s a Roger X / Remote Mic ComPilot program that needs to be added.

EDIT -

Shoot. I presume that is like adding the TV link. (Bluetooth audio + mic in your picture)
My Brio 3s are nearing EOL in a year or so. Hopefully Costco will be kind enough to add the program. I know they don’t like touching anything they didn’t sell. They did sell me the HAs and ComPilot II though.
If the Pen worked out for me, I was thinking that with the next set I got that I would try to get something compatible.

@HalfEar

I’ve just asked on Facebook and apparently the Remote Mic will work with Bluetooth audio program but no one was sure on whether the Roger needed the separate program.

1 Like

My Roger Pen 1.1 & Roger X (03) arrived yesterday evening. I charged up the pen overnight and tried playing around with them this evening. All the instructions differed - which one to turn on first, when to plug in the Roger X etc.
Almost nothing, with one exception I heard a single “not allowed” or “not permitted” that totally caught me off guard. I don’t know what I did to get it to repeat. That indicates to me that something is trying to connect.
I’ll try Costco tomorrow to see if they will add the program that you suggested 3 posts up.

@HalfEar

Did you plug the Roger X into your ComPilot, then turn on your ComPilot? Then you should be able to link it to your Pen, once the Pen is also turned on.

I tried that sequence @Zebras
No luck. I did get an appointment to add a program for Monday AM.
Hopefully that works.

Offside comment - it is hard to see the flashing lights on the ComPilot II when it is strung around your neck. I wound up using a hand mirror trying to see the lights on both the Pen and ComPilot.

@HalfEar

Excellent. I hope they just add the program and don’t start asking questions.

@Zebras
I have to hand it to the customer service at Costco, today was worthy of a letter of appreciation.
The audi had never seen a Rogers Pen before but they added the program and it was no go. He called Phonak tech support a couple of times and still no go. I was starting to think it was a problem with one of the pieces I bought off of eBay. Then they tried their Demo Compilot II and it worked. He spent a good hour with me.
I then ordered a new ComPilot II and left with their demo as a loaner. I will see how it works tonight in a real life situation. It is a show dog handling course with the instructor in the middle of a gym and everyone with their dogs around the outside.

3 Likes

@HalfEar

Oh that’s really interesting that the ComPilot was the issue. I’ve never come across a faulty ComPilot before. Just a dead/failed battery.

I hope you find the Roger handy for your course.

I’m trying to use my Roger more.

Have you downloaded the Phonak Roger Upgrader software to update the Roger Pen to make sure it’s at the latest firmware? The software is free from Phonaks website.

EDIT - I’ve had a thought. Why don’t you ask for your old ComPilot to be factory reset via the software, to see if that solves the issue?