Phonak Compilot II and iCube II

I have had Phonak Audeo B90 for two years and used iCube II (using wireless connection to computer) and Compilot II/TVLink without any problems. Two days ago I have noted the following problems:

• iCube II no longer connects to the computer wirelessly, although it can establish connection using a USB cable.
  • Compilot II cannot connect to my hearing aids while it’s connected to TVLink. It also cannot stream audio to the hearing aids while it’s attached to a headphone socket. Resetting my hearing aids to factory setting did not solve the problems.

I am not sure how these occurred; I had used both devices routinely until two days ago. The two problems appear to be unrelated, but they happened together.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

One of my HAs wireless chip stopped working. My iCube and ComPilot stopped working all together.

So does the compilot ll still connect and stream from your PC and mobile phone by Bluetooth.

Actually there is a reset sequence for the compilot which would be a better option then resetting the aids to factory.
With the compilot switched on, push the volume +/- home and connect buttons, you have to press all three buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds, then turn the power switch to the off position, wait for 5 seconds or more , it should now be reset.

Does the compilot ll still work for remote control on your hearing aids.

Thank you Tenkan.

I have not used Compilot II for the remote control of my hearing aids. I tried it today, it did not work. I checked the user manual and noted that this functionality had to be enabled by an audiologist.

The Compilot II can no longer stream audio when connected to my PC via an audio cable, it did so until a few days ago.

I think a reset in Target might be worthwhile. You can do this and repair them to your aids and select remote on compilot.

Thank you Michael1. I reset my Compilot II to factory setting in Target, all problems were resolved.

The one remaining problem is that my iCube II can no longer connect to PC wirelessly (it does so with a USB cable). My iCube II did not come with a USB adapter and I used a third party adapter (Ezurio) for pairing. It had worked for 2+ years with no problem but in the past few days I have not been able to establish a wireless connection despite multiple attempts at pairing within Target.

Glad you got that sorted. I use a cable to pc.
Reinstall software for adapter?

Actually I believe there is a setting in target to repair the bluetooth dongle to the iCube ll, really unusual for all this to just happen like that though.

Even unplugging the dongle and plugging it back into another USB port may kick start it.

After the initial pairing of my iCube II, using Ezurio adaptor, I removed the adaptor from PC. Subsequently the device was connecting to the PC wirelessly without using the adaptor.
I have reset the iCube II a few times, but each time my attempt to pair the device using Ezurio adaptor has failed.

So you are trying to repair through target right?
Not through your PC Bluetooth settings, that won’t work.

Thank you Tenkan. I tried repair through PC’s Bluetooth settings and the problem is resolved.

I don’t get that, you say you resolved your icube ll connection problem to your adaptor within Bluetooth settings on your pc, icube ll is a interface for programming your hearing aids through target software
Could you tell me what you were using the icube ll for.

I have used iCube II for programming of my Audeu B90 for over two years. After the initial pairing within Target, using Ezurio adapter, I was able to connect iCube II to PC wirelessly without the adaptor. I could also make the connection using a USB cable, but wireless connection was more convenient.

A few days ago, for reasons that I do not know, I was not able to connect wirelessly my hearing aid to the program in Targer 6.1. The problem appeared to be due to impaired pairing of iCube II which I tried to fix unsuccessfully within Target.

After I got your message, I opened the “Bluetooth Setting” in my computer and noted that, under Discovery, “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer” was unchecked. I did check it and the problem with iCube II’s wireless connection resolved.

1 Like

Ok, so just to get this right for me, your saying you were able to connect and program your hearing aids with icube ll, by directly connecting to your PC’s Bluetooth, without the need for the adaptor.

I had been doing that for 2+ years and now again. I used Ezurio adapter only once while pairing the iCube II within Target.

Ok thanks for sharing this information, as it’s always been thought that it was not possible to program using the icube ll, without the required adaptor.
Really interesting.

Hi everyone. I have problems with icube ii. I try to connect my moms phonak b90 r hearing aids to phonak target 7.3.0 via icube ii. Idont have th usb dongle and Usb cable connection does not work. I use bluetooth option. windows 10 pairs with icube ii but when i run the phonak target 7.3.0 icube ii is not paired. I can not find the setup option or pairing assistant so I can not connect the hearing aids and program them. if you can help me i d appreciate. thank you…

Try another USB cable as that’s what I use and had done for years. My first cable didn’t work but I bought another one off eBay and that worked.

thank you, I will try.

Last year, l used a cable to connect to the icube ll and l end up buying a icube ll usb dongle which are very few available and costed me 50 US dollars.