Phonak Charger Case Combi and Phonak Power Pack or power bank

Hi all,
I have the Phonak Charger Case Combi.
Is it worth taking the Phonak Power Pack or can I use a classic power bank?
Can I use any power bank to power the Phonak Charger Case Combi or should it have specific characteristics?
Thanks for you answers

Not all power banks work because many of them don’t support low power charge.

Buy an INIU one!

The thing to be aware of is that the default way the Phonak rechargeable aids function is to turn on when they are not getting power from the charger. So, IF your powerbank cuts off power when the aids are through charging, they’ll turn on and discharge. One way to deal with this would be to have the aids programmed to not turn on automatically which can be done with the professional software, but would require you to actively turn on the hearing aids.

4 Likes

It can also be done through the myPhonak app.

4 Likes

@MDB

Thanks!
I hadn’t considered that. I was considering getting an system to back up my hearing aids and sleep apnea equipment.

DaveL

1 Like

Hi Damon, which INUI power bank and HA’s do you have? I’m looking at them online, do they adjust to low power automatically or is there a separate port. I’ll be doing some camping and music festivals this summer and just got the phonak audeo lumity L70-R’s about 3 months ago, so new to these rechargeable ha’s. I would need to get minimum 4-5 charges out of a power bank.

1 Like

The one I have adjusts with every port automatically. I noticed that one of them even turns off the charger when the HAs are fully charged while the others keep it on (like if you were plugged to the normal electricity port),

This is the one I’ve bought but, as far as I know, all the INIU power banks should work properly: INIU Power Bank, 22,5W Ricarica Rapida 20000mAh Caricatore Portatile PD3.0 QC4.0, Powerbank 3A USB C (Input&Output) con Torcia Pacco Batteria per iPhone 14 13 12 X Pro Samsung S21 iPad Huawei Xiaomi. https://amzn.eu/d/5c5lBOM

Ciao!

I got the same one a few days ago and I’m pretty impressed with. I charged my ha’s with it the last 2 nights and the power bank is still showing 100%, the ha’s were at about 50% both nights and charged up to 99%. The bank auto shuts off once charged and I changed my ha settings so they turn off automatically once fully charged. It looks like I’ll get a ton of recharges out of it if I’m just using it for my ha’s. thanks for the tip Damon, much appreciated.

1 Like

I have a Phonak Combi charger, has anyone opened the charger? Underneath, I unscrewed the only 2 screws and I can’t move anything, I mean the inner part to pull out. The reason I want to open it is because the clips that hold the hearing aid have become very soft, I would like to tighten them inside it.