Phonak Bolero Q -Can I Program It To Be Louder?

I’m posting to help my Grandmother. She has very poor hearing (completely deaf in one ear and very poor hearing in the other). She’s had multiple hearing aids over the years, but the only one that has really worked for her is a Phonak Bolero, which was given to her after a death in the family. A local audiologist boosted it to the maximum volume. It still isn’t strong enough, but it’s still way better than the others.

Unfortunately it stopped working. I thought about buying her another one online. The only problem is that the previous audiologist retired and the other ones in my small town aren’t particularly helpful. If I decide to buy one, is there a way for me to boost the volume to the maximum level myself? If so, what is involved?

The audiologist should check with the programming device and if possible increase the volume

1 Like

Ok first thing is to check out why it’s not working, this can usually be as simple as checking that wax is not blocking the ear mold (filters ) or moisture in the tube running from the earhook to the mold, also that the battery connection is clean and free off corrosion.

But if you want to buy another the Bolero and quite cheap on eBay, sounds like she needs a SP (super power) model, can you post her audiogram (hearing test) as this would be very helpful.

You can do everything for her in this regard by going DIY, Phonak target software and hardware (iCube ll) for models up till the Marvel platform, it’s easy enough to do, of course you need to do your research before jumping in.

Here’s a target user guide,it’s very helpful in these situations.
https://www.phonak.com/en-us/site-search?q=Phonak+Target+step-by-step+guide+

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I’ll look at the links to see how to proceed.