Phonak B90-10 to HiPro cable connection

Does anyone know how I connect Phonak B90-10 to HiPro? I have a pair of HiPro cables that fit to pill battery size 10 (ref 058-1070 and 058-1071) but these cables have four connectors at each end and B90-10 only has two terminals inside the battery door (for the battery). I am aware that I can program the B90-10 using an iCube II, but (a) I don’t have an iCube II and don’t want to buy one unless necessary and (b) what happens if I want to update firmware in the B90-10?

The cables I have fit physically OK into the aids (after removing battery door) but fail to communicate to HiPro (as expected as B90-10 does not seem to have terminals inside the battery compartment for a cable connection).

I’d like to connect to my B90-10s using cables. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I used to connect my Phonak B90-312’s with CS44a cables. Maybe a look at this thread? (At least there is an image of the cables. )
If you can only get hold of CS44 cables, then you can modify CS44 to CS44a cables by buying a miniDIN male-2-female cable and switching the lines. Howto has been posted before in the forum.

I’m specifically asking about B90-10s. 312 aids are no problem. Inside the battery compartment there is a socket to connect cables to. But for the B90-10 this is not the case: there is no socket inside the battery compartment.

You’ll be able to update the firmware with the iCube II if you do get one.

Thanks Zebras. That’s useful to know and might sway me into just buying myself an iCube II and not worrying so much about the cables.

Tip; Search for DIY School; Here’s an excerpt from a DIY School document named (Fitting Instructions Phonak Target). As you can see the B10 can only use iCubeII. It’s too small for cables;

Thanks pvc. That might have answered my question. Have you any idea what the cables I have got are used for? They are for HiPro and at the hearing aid end, have a battery-10-sized lug with four connections. The lug physically fits into battery size 10 compartment if you remove the battery door of the hearing aid. Is it possible the cables are for some older Phonak models: ones before the radio comms came into play and hence before iCube?

Apologies for the “hip shot” answer. The battery pills are for ITE (in the ear) hearing aids. The B10 is a tiny BTE style and the older Phonak BTE style HAs usually had a male cable plugin with four pins. The tiny B10 was too small to accommodate a cable plug so they made it wireless only, and furthermore iCube II wireless only. btw> iCubeII is going obsolete for later models. But it’s cheap to use for these special situations.

Thanks pvc. I’ll buy myself and iCube II.