Phonak autosense behaviour

For two days I have been testing the P90 battery 312, and it seems to me that Autosense is not working well.
If I listen to TV, for example, I see a tick on Automatic on the app and not on the TV program. Same thing if I listen to music.

In addition to not seeing any changes on the app, I do not feel any changes in listening such as happens if I change the program manually: shouldn’t it change the program automatically?

Of course I’m talking about the 3 preset programs and not about programs created by me.

@lello58

I don’t think AutoSense has its own TV program.

In reality this appears to me (the image I found on the net) and I thought I would see, at every change of situation, the check on the relative program but obviously I did not understand how it works: what should I do to see the connected programs to Autosense?

I have the Naida Paradise U70 aids and leave it in Speech in Noise when outdoors. Inside, I have it connected to my tv connector, I stream tv most of the time. If I need to change program then I use the myphonak app.

@lello58
Make sure the Automatic program is being used then press the little slider button on the bottom right. The current Autosense program name is displayed at the top of the screen.

You will not see what subprogram the autosense program is in. That’s not a function that the app has.

I have Costco’s KS 9’s and the Phonak app on my samsung S7 phone and I can definitely see subprograms through the app. By bringing up the app it will state Autosense at the top but if I tap the fine tuning button in lower left hand corner it definitely shows “normal situation”,“in car” or “very loud noise” and will change as autosense changes.

3 Likes

I have Pixel 3xl and I’m looking at the phonak app and it is in Automatic mode and the fine tuning button my phone is the lower right. When I tap the fining turning button it shows normal situation but no sub programs like in car or very loud noise and does not change in different situations like in car. The app does show different modes but not in the autosense mode. I was at son’s yesterday and very noisy situations open the app because autosense did not make sense of the situation. Selected Restaurant mode and stay in the mode even when I drove home. Manually changed the mode to automatic when I got home.

I just went for a ride in my pickup and below are screen shots of different situations autosense provided as I drove

It definitely changes and I can see it through the app.

Thank you for the screen shots of your app. It looks some of the screenshots were deleted. I will diffidently give this a shot. It looks like you are leaving the app in the automatic mode. Like I said in the noisy situation I was not looking at the sub programs. I just knew I could not understand anything being said until I switched to the Restaurant mode manually and when got back home had to manually switched to the automatic mode. Will update later. My audi really wants me to use the autosense program but like someone in an earlier post stated “being overwhelmed and uncomfortable”, is an understatement.

In fact I can now see what subroutine it is using.

However, I noticed that the Music program is activated exactly one and a half minutes after the song has been started: isn’t that a bit too much?

I stand corrected!

1 Like

Not 100% certain but I believe the rate of switching can be altered by your audi… My KS10s change to music within 10 secs or so…

Yes autosense is showing the subprogram modes. I noticed in your screen shots a Reverberant situation. What kind of situation is that? thanks

I believe it is also known as echo although it was for a very short time in my pickup. I believe autosense was just a little confused :confused:

1 Like

Sorry, been away a long time.
I don’t really understand your question?