Phonak autosense behaviour

Paradise Autosense is absolutely amazing. For me, it is completely seemless, it’s almost like it’s reading my mind. If I step into a noisy room about the time I realize it’s noisy, oh wait no it’s not! No noticeable click or “shift” just a room with people talking, but not noisy. When I first started wearing these I didn’t think they ever changed modes because I never realized they were doing it. Before these i trialed the Resound Ones and they were terrible. Clipping was severe and just awful. Noise cancellation was way over aggressive and every mode change was jarring. I’m so happy I’ve found the Paradise. Bluetooth connectivity is great compared to the Resound ones, but still not perfect, but I think that’s just a limitation of the current versions of Bluetooth.

2 Likes

That sounds very plausible actually.

Is it really the receivers that are bigger or the domes that are fitted onto the receivers?? I have been testing multiple brands of RIC hearing aids for over 6 months and am astonished at the different domes, tulips, etc that are available. Finally my fitter figured out that my right ear needs a larger dome (I use double domes and love them) than the left one and suddenly NO MORE FEEDBACK!!!

1 Like

Yes the Resound One receivers are bigger because they include a mic. I’m aware that domes can make a big difference in fit as well, but in this case, yes the receivers ARE bigger.

Very Interesting because I have tried them with the same domes I am using on all other aids.

I love my Phonaks and Autosense. Only thing I could complain about is sometimes if I’m chatting and the kid has cartoons in the background, they may fade in and out.

Maybe the size of your ear canal is bigger than mine and it wasn’t something you noticed. I think if you held a Phonak Paradise receiver up to a Resound One receiver without the domes you’d notice a visible difference in the receiver size. I only have the Resound Ones and my older Widex hearing aids. I can take a photo for comparison because I know there’s a size difference.

I am sure you are correct. My ear canals may well be larger - - One is distinctly larger than the other because I use 2 different size domes. But the domes I am using for Phonak, Signia, Resound, Starkey, Oticon . . . . are the same for all the aids I am trying.

1 Like

That’s awesome that the domes you’re using can be used in ALL of them. I always thought domes were brand specific. For instance, my favorite were the ones I trialed with Phonak Marvel but they couldn’t be used on Oticon OPNS. I’ll have to inquire with my audiologist about domes that could work across brands.

Comparison shot between my old Widex receiver (white) and the Resound One (grey and blue) that I’m trialing. There’s a slight difference in the length and the thickness.

Hope I did this right so you can see picture. These are Starkey aids, NOT Starkey domes because Starkey does not have double domes. And you can see difference in the size of the 2 domes.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, which Starkey’s are these?

Livio with fall detect. I have severe osteoporosis, so this is a real benefit.

1 Like

Well im far from retired, im … At least i think im still young. Im in my early 40s. I have a 21 uear old a 10 uear old and a 5 year old. I go ro church, work as a nurse, i do heavy use of computer. Lots of noise in my house. From dishes, video games, kids running around

I do notice the program changing. But its almost always on par with what is going on except for the quiet mode. It know when im on a bus, it knows when its noisy and i need ro focus on one person. I dont hear it. But o never trialled anything else. So

1 Like

Having an issue with my P90Rs. Whenever I switch my iPhone 11 off while my HAs are in Autosense they switch to streaming program, I know this because when I switch my iPhone back on and go to the MyPhonak app I see I am in streaming instead of Autosense.
I called Phonak tech support and they told me to turn off sounds and haptics notifications. I did this but to no avail.
I thought the 90s were supposed to switch back to Autosense whenever you were no longer using your phone?
Anyone having a similar issue.

My wife suggested I reboot my iPhone and that solved the problem. One interesting observation, before I rebooted the MyPhonak app showed Streaming +mic as one of the programs along with Autosense, restaurant, etc, but after rebooting the iPhone the streaming program disappeared along with my problem?

1 Like

That was my first thought when I heard you’re a musician. Widex has a reputation of being liked by musicians, this one included. I’ve worn Phonak and demoed Oticon and Starkey as well but found the Widex hearing aids to be the best natural sound.

2 Likes

Hi out there. Had nearly the same issue. HA switched often autom. from AutoSense into Bluetooth streaming +mic2 and out of a sudden I was also listening a radio program even during a phone call. Phonak support recommended to de-connect/ forget the Phonak Bluetooth devices and to de-install the Phonak app. After a new start I setup everything again but the next day I was back to listening radio again, even after I switched off Bluetooth connection (after it wasn’t bearable anymore). Had to switch Bluetooth on again to be able to switch back from Bluetooth-streaming+mic2 to AutoSense, which was the only possibility to get out of streaming any dubious radio station (I merely use Spotify). Sent my P90-R back to Phonak and await them back soon but appreciate the get new ones… Didn’t had this problem with my test HA…

Let me know how the new P90Rs work out. Like all new technology, Phonak will have to work out the bugs. Shame they can’t do it prior to market release, but getting out new devices is top priority for revenues.

1 Like

Eric…what HA did you chose Phonak Paradise p90 up?

Reboot aids by holding off button fot 15 seconds. Then put them in the charger until green light comes on.

1 Like