Phonak Audeo Yes Programming

I have a pair of Audeo Yes IX; unfortunatley my Audi is new to the Phonak brand and the programming software. On the Mypilot there are four manual programs and the automatic or “soundflow” program. The question I have is, during the programming process the manual programs can be fine tuned. For instance with sound recovery on/off etc. When the Mypilot is set to automatic mode, does it take the individually tuned manual programs as they were set up, or does it do its automatic calculation from some sort of a default setting? I understand the part about picking the highest and lowest priority of the four manual programs to come up with the percentages of the automatic mode.

I was also wondering what kind of battery life are you getting from them? I listen to about 2 hours of Bluetooth audio a day. I would think that would take away some of my battery run time, but I am only getting 2.5 to 3 days to a set of batteries. I have tried 2 different brands of batteries, and getting the same results.

Hi,

I think that you have got this upside down.

The manual programs are ‘cloned’ from the 4 main auto programs.

The settings of the manual programs do NOT affect the automatic programs!

Battery life of 2 or 3 days is to be expected if you use the radio links heavily.

Zoom mode ‘left’ and zoom mode ‘right’ are the greediest … they use a lot of power.

The cloned manual programs can be linked or not linked to the 4 base auto programs. The linked programs are exactly the same, but unlinked they can be customized.
I have a manual access to the auto speech in noise, that keeps it in speech in noise. (fixed directional, moderate noise cancelation, little lowered amp of low freq)
I also have a manual unlinked version that is fixed directional, highest noise cancelation even lowered amp of lows and a little bit higher amp of the highs.
It sometimes helps in that worst restuarant situation.
I have the older savia aids

Regarding the battery life, simply opening the battery door might not turn off the hearing aids at night. I was getting short battery life and suddenly realized that some times the batteries were still touching the metal battery connectors/contacts (even though the battery door was open), thus draining the batteries at night. Just open the battery door all the way at night AND make sure that the battery is touching only plastic (or remove the battery). Not the best battery door design …

Regarding the effect of manual settings on the Automatic Mode, I recall my audiologist saying that she could set them either way through the software. In other words, the Auto Mode could be set to automatically switch between the manual modes (based on its learning program) using the manual overrides or keeping the default settings.

Regarding the effect of manual settings on the Automatic Mode, I recall my audiologist saying that she could set them either way through the software. In other words, the Auto Mode could be set to automatically switch between the manual modes (based on its learning program) using the manual overrides or keeping the default settings.

This seems to be simply a matter of wording.

If you have ‘linked’ - not ‘cloned & modified’ - manual programs then I suppose you can say that the auto system switches between the manual programs.

Odd way to look at it 'tho …

I also have a manual unlinked version that is fixed directional, highest noise cancelation even lowered amp of lows and a little bit higher amp of the highs

I often do this. I call it ‘Combat Mode’.