Phonak Audéo Sphere

I’m extemely grateful.

Phonak just replaced my 2 Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s and Charger. The charger case even had a desiccant in that space. My 2 chargers provided almost 3 years ago did not have desiccant They were sent in when the warranty was about to elapse. They’re now 3 years old.

AND battery life is amazing. The last 3 years has been terrible often requiring 2 charging intervals a day…

I had commented to my dispensing audiologist CVA that my hearing aids were defective. And I hated the rechargeable batteries.

1 Like

Just started reading this thread, thinking about how the Sphere hearing aid sounded really cool but also “Man, I just can’t get away from anything Sphere related” - so I was highly amused when I saw the thumbnail of this video was of the Sphere building in Vegas.

It’s a great marketing gag, I get it, pairing the Sphere hearing aid with the Sphere venue. But fun fact - unless they’ve dropped the rates since I left, it costs $1 million a day to rent the Sphere venue. That’s just to rent the building, nevermind other production costs to put on a corporate event like this.

Just a little factoid to think about when buying your next hearing aid.

Source: I worked on Sphere the venue for several years.

3 Likes

They also flew in clinicians from across the continent and put them up. The money they are spending on this launch is very visible. However, it’s also hard to miss that they feel they have a real winner this time around, so they must also think it’s worth it. I’ve heard rumbling that what they’ve got is also wrapped up tight in patents so we shouldn’t expect something similar from their competitors for the next five years, but I don’t know how hard it is to make something pretty similar and just smooth-talk that it’s different, so :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

Sonova revenue for hearing aids exceeded 3 billion swiss francs in 23/24.
Spending a few million on a launch, which will be a tax write-off, isn’t really anything to worry about.

Besides, it’s nothing compared to what Starkey normally do! Having celebrities and former US Presidents attend their launches is not cheap!

2 Likes

My recent experience confirms to me that the magic in hearing aids is due to the person who sets them up. My old Paradise P90Rs are much better. And future hearing aids will be better still.

I salute those who use their skill and solve problems. They are passionate about what they do. And should be

Cars used to sell better after a race win. When sales were low they added vinyl roofs and white walls. Marvel/Paradise/Lumity.

Thank heaven for these new hearing aids.

1 Like

The image was posted by an audiologist on a German forum as a comparison. At the end is the Audeo Sphere, and next to it is the Audeo Infinio which does not have the Deepsonic chip.

9 Likes

I do not care too much about that AI thing (not much of a partyanimal or having conversations on roundabouts) but I am very happy to see the beefier battery and improved Bluetooth- having slightly larger HAs is an acceptable compromise. Would be nice if Phonak also released a non-AI (cheaper!) model with those improvements but without the AI.

5 Likes

Nice, that Widex Sheer is pretty small as well, Sphere compares pretty good to the Signia models, so it’s true size doesn’t matter!

1 Like

Yes thanks @raylock1
It’s a great video with to the point questions and answers. Some nice interviews of Phonak’s team explaining the insights in an easy to follow way. Recommendable to all interested in the Spheres technique.
https://youtu.be/-YQazdJ3Vok?si=x9Q1--dyF79kCVQv

3 Likes

If anyone has LinkedIn, the inside of Audeo Sphere is shown here.

It seems to me that Infinio Sphere’s rechargeable battery is the same size as disposable 675. If we extrapolate that disposable HA batteries generally last 4 times longer than rechargeables, then disposable 675 version of Sphere will last only 24 hours in AI mode. :astonished: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Seems not to be the case… as the difference between ZA675 and Sphere battery mentioned elsewhere is width 10mm versus 11.6mm

@Bimodal_user Cannot this information be shared as I would be happy to read but donnot have access.

I believe the Audeo Infinio (non-Sphere) is exactly that…

2 Likes

This is a download link to the video on Linkedin (Downloads remaining: 28 · Expiration: 13.Sept.2024, 13:01 CET)

Written text:

Laura Bradley Pratesi, Owner at Citrus Hearing Clinic LLC
Revealing the new Phonak Audeo Sphere Infinio 90-R :green_heart::earth_americas::infinity:. What are your first impressions?

I don’t know if I’ll ever get bored of looking at the insides of hearing aids! I find it so fascinating to look at the guts of these little super computers that let me hear artificially! We live in amazing times, for sure. Once again I feel my own hearing loss is my super power. I cannot wait for my demos to come so I can test drive a pair myself!

These devices are a little thick to accommodate the two computer chips for the deep neural network. I had a whole playlist running through my head while I was looking at them including “Fat Bottomed Girls”, “All About That Bass” and “Bootylicious”! Which ones did I miss? Should I make a Spotify playlist? :sweat_smile:

[Video description: Dr. Laura (Au.D.) inspects the guts of a Phonak Sphere Infinio rechargeable hearing aid. The hearing aid body is split open so one can see the internal mechanisms of the hearing aids. Texts boxes pop up during the video, sharing Dr. Laura’s thoughts. “This is one big booty hearing aid!” “New receiver type!” “Love looking at hearing aid guts.” “Color is called “copper” but looks rose-gold to me.” “Four mic ports!” “Lotta junk in the trunk!:sweat_smile: Need the real estate for 2 computer chips!” All About That Bass by Megan Trainor plays. End transcript.]

4 Likes

Thank you @firenzel Great battery needs a lot of space also…

1 Like

@firenzel, thanks, I just wanted to record the screen from LinkedIn, but you were first :grin:

Or maybe you know of a way to directly download the LinkedIn videos?

Here are the exact dimensions of Infinios. Sphere is 25% heavier than non-Sphere:

Source:

3 Likes

If you want a good deal to try the Phonak Sphere go to directhearing.com - they will sell you these hearing aids for 1/2 the price online and they come with the 3 year warranty, 3 year loss and damage they also program them for you, and take care of them for you, the only down side is you have to do everything by mail, or you can get them and buy a service plan from a hearing clinic so much better, Right now sphere I90 for a pair is like 4100.00. Check them out.

1 Like

In fact, the only reason I would wait to try new hearing aids is to see if solutions come out with xmems. In this article xMEMS Creates Ultra-Tiny Speakers to Power the OTC Hearing Aid Revolution we talk about greater power on high frequencies, and that’s what those with losses like mine need.

I was hoping that Phonak’s novelty would be quests, but apparently that’s not the case

1 Like

Haha, I today read something about xMEMS:

(its also about new type of active vent; CC: @WhiteHat, @pproducts )

4 Likes