Phonak Audéo Sphere

Using it in the automatic program will probably consume less energy. Users are typically less good about switching in and out of manual programs than the automatic program is at switching. And above posters are correct that it will flip in and out of the program, so the hours is actually a fair bit.

I’ve had users sit in the speech in loud noise all day and that sucks the battery twice as fast anyway. I think it’s reasonable for phonak to be transparent about effects of processing on battery life.

At this point, I can’t see a difference between the I90 and the I70 sphere programs.

5 Likes

This appears to be the only difference between the 70 and 90. Something called “Speech Enhancer” in AutoSense 6.0.

5 Likes

I expect the Sphere is going to be even more costly in comparison and with mild/moderate hearing loss and since I’m not out in public in crowds a lot I am figuring that I don’t need to go to all the way up to the the Sphere. Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Apart from the convenience of carrying just the hearing aids around with, one has to consider if it’s worth to get the Sphere over the Lumity + Roger On…

1 Like

That will be a first @Neville… A hearing aid manufacturer being transparent :rofl: :upside_down_face: :joy:

6 Likes

Here is a screen shot. It appears that Target has some control over this

3 Likes
4 Likes

Looking at the phonak site, it seems like a good idea, looks like they are coming out with 2 new colors, a red and green

Can anyone tell me if cinema is considered a speech-in-noise situation?

Probably falls into several programs based on content. Music? Speech in noise? Probably not a lot of calm, but there are sometimes quiet periods in movies.

WH

1 Like

Good point. All online examples I see are in traffic/engine noise. One would like to see what happens in busy restaurants or in background music.

Looks like the HCP can remove the 3 hour limit. See here. Understand implications for battery life.

WH

3 Likes

I really don’t understand the color choices. There’s the usual selection of skin/hair colors, plus… three more skin/hair colors and a weird shade of grayish green? I’ve noticed before that some of Phonak’s colors are very different in real life than they are on the webpage, so hopefully that’s true of this one! :laughing:

Couple of tidbits from my audiologist who is at the launch in Las Vegas:

• Available Aug 19 for delivery
  • Battery life for the hearing aid itself will be the same but the Bluetooth won’t suck the life from it the same way.
  • Bluetooth distance is 6 times the current one

Wondering if the new Bluetooth LE Audio reduces battery usage but once you add in the battery drain from the AI chip, it ends up being similar to Lumity. I’m hoping for a few extra hours of battery life on days when the AI noise reduction isn’t necessary.

Jordan

5 Likes

What I’ve seen was 6 times more powerful signal strength, resulting in double the distance. That doesn’t seem quite right to me due to the inverse cube law. But what do I know? There may be other factors like antenna design or something.

Bottom line, I think Phonak said double distance.

WH

2 Likes

Honestly I would like it if they continued the more bright colors like they did with the lumity, but also just expanded the entire range to what is offered in the sky models. But I guess they are thinking of cost.

2 Likes

I think marketing claims are only peer reviewed in other marketing claims. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m usually the first kid on the block to get the latest and greatest but I’m definitely finding something about the Sphere off-putting. Time for a consultation with my wizard of an audi who hasn’t steered me wrong yet.

2 Likes

It may be the so-called class 1.5, with a range up to 20 meters.

https://qr.ae/p2NYGp

And the best peer review is us, nothing beats real world unbiased reviewers ; )
Phonak went on a big spend for these so the marketing department can give themselves a pat on the back…

2 Likes