Phonak Audéo Sphere Infinio 90's .. another review

I’ve had my new Phonak Audéo Sphere Infinio 90’s for a couple days now and my audi set me up with 7 different programs to try out… AUTOMATIC …SPEECH IN NOISE … SPHERIC SPEECH IN LOUD NOISE … SPEECH IN 360* … RESTAURANT and MUSIC… I’ve been retired now almost 23 yrs and luckily get to play games all day… I’m 72 yrs old and live in a VERY active retirement community in Florida with about 150,000 other old people (lol) who are retired… I primarily travel around by golf cart to all my sporting locations so I’ve had a chance to see how the new HA’s react to golf cart engine noise and also wind noise… I primarily have used AUTO program and am very happy with noise quelling and minimal static from wind noise which I made sure to have the audi max it out… I tried several programs during games of pickleball and softball and liked both the Auto and Restaurant program and have to try the Speech in 360* more it was certainly a differnt experience… while at home I was actually wearing my Resound HA’s to stream tv because my phonak tv streamer wasn’t in the day I picked up my HA’s… so during that time I activated the Spheric speech in loud noise program and monitored battery life… I left it on for 2 1/2 hours and went from a charge reading of 80% to about 60% which seemed pretty good for a constant 2/12 hr 's of that program being on … yesterday I hooked up phonak tv streamer and streamed TV watching baseball and a college football game total streaming time was about 6 1/2 hrs I started with charge reading of about 80% and finished with about 50% remaining which also was very good compared to the phonaks I trialed 2 yrs ago when trying to stream over 6hrs I would have to stick them in the charger cuz they were at about 20% or lower… so it seems even with using the new sphere program and streaming that battery life has MUCH improved… I haven’t had the oppurtunity to try them in a Restaurant enviroment to use “VERY” loud … I then switched to sphere in noise prog and the change in volume of the blower was reduced by about 90% and to see what it was like to hear voices I said several words which I was able to hear clearly using my normal voice …

One question I have is when my audi paired my Iphone he did it using bluetooth settings and now it seems my Iphone battery life drains faster… in the past using geResound ha’s pairing of iphone was done on Accessibility – Hearing Devices and then pairing?? does everyone else have their phones paired on bluetooth

I go back next week for any changes I want done… the only change so far is I need my voice quieted down a liitle because I seem to be talking loud and if I have to up my volume to hear a little better it seems like I’m almost yellingh

1 last thing… I know there were concerns about what type of moulds or tips to use and them fitting in charger… I’m wearing the same silicone moulds that I used with my Resound ha’s … my audi mentioned that there are 2 different chargers?? the 1 I have fits the ha’s and moulds in the center easily

7 Likes

I’m fairly certain the Spheres are not considered “made for iPhone” so you cannot pair them through the accessibility menu, but rather need to go through pairing via the Bluetooth menu.

6 Likes

@Ureout, Since your profile says you are in The Villages, FL, and Hurricane Milton appears to be headed right that way, perhaps with 180 mph winds, I hope you and everyone else there come out safe! :pray:

4 Likes

thx Jim… were hunkering down and staying put, being in central Fla so far over the last 22 yrs we’ve been lucky. … haven’t been able to really test out the new HA’s much with rain the last couple days … thx again